Paralyzed

"Hi Harry. I'm Della. I will be helping you throughout this journey" I said with a smile.

He looks up from his laying position on his bed slowly moving up. His curls pushed back as he slowly pulled his head up. His eyes were red and watery.

"It hurts" He whimpered. He seemed so vulnerable.

"I know. I know it does but I am going to help until it doesn't. Until you are back to being your-self. I promise." I say with another smile.

He weakly smiles back before wiping a tear that escaped.

"Do you want me to tell you our schedule?" I asked as I locked the door and sat in a chair next to his bed. He nodded.

"Well every night from 5-7 we will work getting you um… unparalyzed." He flinched at my words and I immediately regretted choosing those words. "I am so sorry I couldn't find another word and-"

"It's fine Della. Really. Keep going please" He said as the dark room shifted from uncomfortable to less awkward. The moon shone on his face as I gathered all the information.

"Breakfast is around 8-10. Eat whenever you want. Lunch is from 11-1. Again eat whenever you feel like eating. You can either eat before 5 or after 7 for dinner. It's up to you really. I am your nurse, therapist and trainer. I will be with you basically 24/7. Now with visitors they can come from 8-5. But on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays we will be together most of the day. I am not taking your personal life away it's to help you get out of here fast and become healthier as soon as possible. On those days they can come til 10 in the morning." I took a deep breath and rested as I let all this new information I piled onto him sink in.

"You may continue." He said in the softest voice.

"I am for basically here for your every need. I will be the one to get your food and um clean you" I squeaked the last part. "We will talk about what is going inside that head of yours while we work on you physically healing. Harry you can trust me." He smiled. A real smile.

"Thank you" He whispered.

"You’re welcome it's my job." I remind him.

"Now I will set the schedule down on the bed side table so you can clarify everything. We will be starting our routine tomorrow. It's getting late so press this button" I say pointing to the blue button on the wall." It will page me. Now if you are in an emergency press both the red and blue button. I will get a notification saying it's an emergency. Don't hesitate to push that damn button." I say while pointing to the button the wall. He lightly chuckled.

"Do you need anything before I leave to go tend to my patient who will be leaving tomorrow?" I ask. I see he has water, an applesauce cup and his phone along with the schedule on the table. He has the remote to the t.v. that is playing softly in the background in his hands.

"No I think I am good. I am quite knackered. How do I get the bed down so I don't have to use all my upper body strength to get sleep?" He asked.

I walked over and lifted the lever and he slowly want to a laying position. After he was settled I stepped away.

"You pull this lever" I said pointing to it. "Do you need any pain meds before I leave?" You said you were in pain earlier."

"I think I will be fine. I will see you tomorrow. Tomorrow is Tuesday so I will see you at 5 unless I have other needs."

"That is correct." I tell him as we mutter our goodbyes I unlock the door and start to slip out. I turn the light off and before the door is completely closed I hear him mutter you’re the only one that actually cares.

*********************************************************************************

NEW BOOK! I HOPE Y'ALLL LIKE IT!

Caitlin will help write more in this.

It is copywrited.

I came up with this story line randomly and liked it a lot. I worked ard on this and I am really tired.

Tell me what you think.

Vote

Comment

Follow!

LOVE Y'ALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~Bri