Jumping

HARRY'S POV:

My feet are firm on the wood railing as i stand there contemplating my next jump. All the boys are yelling at me to just jump but for reason I don't feel comfortable doing this jump. I have this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that i feel like I should just not jump but I would appear weak in the eyes of the boys.

I move my foot slowly feeling the slick wood underneath my feet. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I look down at the shining blue water underneath me just taking in my surrounding as if this is my last second.

"HURRY UP! We want to go!" I heard Niall yell behind me and before I knew it I propelled myself off of the slick railing. My foot slipped slightly causing me to jump out less than I have before. My eyes were closed and before I knew i I hit the water but something was different.

My senses stopped, my body cracked and everything went black but i was still consious. I couldn't move, so I started to have a mental freak out and before i knew it I let the darkness take over.

~~~~

I spat water and started breathing heavily after my eyes slowly creaked open. My body jerked up a tad but that was the only movement I was able to endure. I tried moving but I still could not.

"SMITH! THE HEART MONITOR SAYS HE IS SLOWLY WAKING!" I heard I took in my surroundings and noticed I was in a ambulance. I tried opening my mouth to speak but no sound came out.

"Anna give him some amnesia we are almost at the hospital and we will be rushing him into the operation room.

"Yes, Smith." I heard some rustling around before I heard, who I assumed to be Smith, whisper "It will all be okay buddy. You won't feel a thing." My mind screamed. DON't TOUCH ME I WILL BE FINE! but my conscious told me to trust them and just let it happen.

I felt something dig into my arm and before I knew it I was back in the world of darkness and loneliness. My senses stopped and all went silent until I could not hold onto consciousness anymore.

~~~~

I hear the steady beat of the heart monitor beside me, I feel needle pins throughout my arms and immediately realize.. I'm in a hospital. My eyes slowly open as i take in my surroundings. Everything in here is quite bright for a hospital. It makes me feel more at home. There is a recliner by a window that looks out at the city, a telly in front of me, a bedside table and a couple small chairs by my bed.

Suddenly I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I croak. My voice is raspy and my throat is dry from not speaking for so long.

A younger, slander man walks in with a clip board and smiles at me.

"Hello, Mr.Styles. I am Dr. Faye. I am the head of the section you are in but I am here to inform you your circumstance and any other information you would like to know." He walks and sits on a chair by my bed and sets the clipboard down on the bedside table.

"I am sorry to inform you that you are currently paralyzed from the waist down. Now before you freak out it is only temporarily. We can fix it and when I say we I mean Della. Della is a doctor on this floor who is a personal doctor. When she comes up soon she will inform you on what exactly she does but lets just say you wont see me until the day you leave." Dr.Faye says with a smile.

"I have contacted you family, the other boys in the band and some other close friends. They are all up to date with your condition. Now if you are wondering how this all happened I will tell you. When you were jumping your foot slipped and you fell shallow causing your body to hit rocks and the bottom. The impact of your body hitting solid surfaces caused your nerves to freeze and a couple broken legs. You are currently on a lot of pain medications so you may not feel any pain at the moment." He paused and looked at his watch then continued. "Della should be here in 5 minutes so anything else you would like to know?"