Chapter 6: Italian Cafe Murder Case 1

In the shopping place of Ekoda, Nakamori Aoko the childhood friend of Kuroba Kaito with her boyfriend, Hakuba Suguru the British High School Detective were walking together. Supposedly there should be school but thanks to the certain person named Kuroba Kaito it was cancelled and had everyone gone home. Well only few people knew it was actually him, since no one would ever make such drastic prank like him.

"That Bakaito, I'll make sure to give him a hell for doing that." Aoko mumble, complete irritated to her childhood friend. For Hakuba he wasn't even surprise to why he had done that, the only questioned him was why no one noticed it was actually his doing? Is it because he's not there when it happened? Supposedly.

"Come on Aoko, calm down. How about we head somewhere place to calm ourselves. Come on my treat." Hakuba offered, making his girlfriend blush, "Y-you don't need to do much but... sure."

Hakuba took her hand gently before leading the way that made Aoko forgot her temper for the time being.

Elsewhere, Kaito and Shin began walking around to check the stores that took their interest. They tried clothes, listen to new music or even check the materials that the magician could use for his tricks. Well if anything interests them they would buy them, mostly Kaito for his magic.

Shin found it enjoyable, being normal as they enjoy themselves outside like no one was actually there to target them. It's kind of refreshing. It's almost perfect, but only if he could put down his hat and roam freely but he can't. Because currently, they will accuse him as the serial killer who took his identity, because of him that he can't become who he actually is and find more about his past.

"Shin-chan? Shin-chan!" He almost jumped before turning to his boyfriend who's worried for him. "What's wrong Shin-chan? Should we get out here? Aren't you having fun?"

"H-huh? No, no I'm fine Kaito... sorry I just overthink things." Shin said as he looked away, ashamed that he let himself fall to despair again. Knowing what he means, Kaito gave comfort to his beloved boyfriend before asking him. "How about we head somewhere to rest Shin-chan."

Shin nodded, it seems he need to rest for a while. Both went to the empty bench and sat there with their shopping bags. Kaito went out for a moment to buy drinks while Shin took a deep breath as he pulled down his hood down to hide his face even though he's wearing his baseball hat when something cold touch his cheek. It was a cold bottle of water and it was Kaito who's holding it.

"Drink?" He offered. Shin smiled and took it, "Thanks Kaito."

Kaito sat beside Shin as he opened the bottle and start drinking water. Finally cooling himself, he leaned to his boyfriend's shoulder. Kaito decide to have silence between them as he pulled Shin beside him and stroke his head. Shin loved the affection he's giving, he's really glad to have him by his side, if not he doesn't even know how can he fight against the reality he's facing.

There are few people who were staring at the male couples, Shin never felt it because he's focusing more of Kaito's feelings and hand than his surroundings while Kaito ignored them but time to time give deadly glare to those people who will speak something bad about them that could make them run. His Shin-chan, no matter how much he tried to keep himself strong will always be fragile as a lost child, he never cries no matter how much pain he's holding until a month ago, Kaito successfully crack it and for the first time, he cried to his loudest.

"Shin-chan"

"Hmm?"

"Your too cute for your own good." Kaito whispered which made Shin blush madly that he covered his face in both hands and mumbled, "I hate you."