The first Date?

Saturday came by fairly quickly, there were about two assessment items per term and compared to my level of intelligence it was fairly easy. I really hoped things didn't get awkward, he had been in a relationship before but apparently the girl had moved to an elite school. He obviously liked the nerdy kind.

It was a chilly morning and so I wore my trenchcoat, just like Emma-Watson. I thought she had to be the most positive role model today. She's famous and yet she still wants to get an education. She has her own unique style and doesn't change for anyone. To me, she suits the character of Hermione Granger perfectly, except of course I always thought Hermione had more frizz.

Since Alex was a little older than me, he had his learners permit already. We drove to The Elephant House, the place where J.K Rowling wrote some of Harry Potter. The food was absolutely fantastic and the conversation was magical. Now I wasn't sure if I liked him as a friend or something more. I seemed to be debating with the situation, maybe boys were just too much trouble altogether, then again I had never been in a relationship. What in the name of thestrals was I supposed to do!?

I decided I would try to be friends first and then if I don't want anything more then Great! And if I found that I wanted more then Great! I only found one flaw, what would Alex think? Then I remembered what Emma Watson said, "Don't change for anyone." Who cares if I lost a friend? I never had many anyway, my mother had always tried to bring together someone she knew but I just generally disliked people. Wait a minute, I won't 'lose him', I always thought pessimistic.' Enjoy the moment' I told myself.

After the meal, we walked down the street peering in the shop windows, I walked a little apart from Alex. I wanted to just subtlety say that I wanted to be friends and see what happens. I know you can't talk about Harry Potter or Doctor Who all the time, Otherwise I think you would be checked into St. Mungos, so we talked about school and how much we 'enjoyed' it. I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do after I left school, I found the whole idea of having to make a decision that will effect my whole life a jar of ridiklepickles. As Daria once said, "My goal in life is not to wake up at 40 with the bitter realization that I've wasted my life in a job I hate, because I was forced to make a decision in my teens". I seemed to always look up to empowering, confident women, something which I was not.

"Time to head back now, you reckon?" I asked casually.

"Uhhhh... Don't you want a walk in the park?" Returning the question, he steered me in the direction of the luscious greenery down the road.

As we walked around gigantic oak trees, it seemed I had finally found a true friend, someone that I could talk for hours about one subject and i would never get bored with it. Things were finally good in my life and I just hoped they stayed that way.