Chapter Twenty Nine

The date of my court appearance for custody of Amelia was finally here. I look at myself wearing a black formal dress. Nervous as one could be. I have had Amelia to myself and now that I am fighting for her, it scares me. She is my world and I couldn't imagine her not being in it. Deep down inside I know that Clark isn't doing it cause he wants her, he is doing it to spite me.

"Babe, are you ready? We are going to be late." James knock from the other side of the door. I adjusted my smile and open the bathroom.

"Ready as I could be." I answered.

James grab my hands and look me directly in the eyes. "When it's your turn to talk just speak from the heart. The heart never lies. Don't hold anything back." He responded giving me a peck on the lips.

"I will." I whispered.

My family, James and I all headed down to court. And when I say family, I mean my mom and dad. Tracy of course was not going to go.

We arrived at court and my heart started to race. I hated that I had to go through this. I hated that Clark knew that Amelia was his. I had done so well of keeping her from him and now, now I'm in court trying to hold onto my most prized possession. Amelia means more to me than anything. I can't imagine Clark having her.

The only allowed Clark and I in the room. So that means that I had to face him on my own while my family waited in the hall. I look at Clark's smug face and I just wanted to reach across the table and strangle him.

I hated him more than I did on my wedding night.

"So before we brought this case in front of a judge, we thought we could work it out in mediation." Clark's lawyer said.

"We find that it is easier this way." My lawyer added.

"Well, unless Liv moves back here there is no point in mediation. And Liv has stated numerous times that she wants to move back here. It's clear that she is hell bent on keeping Amelia away from me , as she has for so many years. I didn't even know she existed to Liv came back. And she wasn't going to tell me. I had to order a DNA test on my own. She isn't thinking in what's best for Amelia, she is only thinking about herself." Clark smirk.

"As the father of Amelia, he has rights to his daughter. So for mediation to work, Liv has to move back here. If she refuses to , we will just take this to a judge and that can take a few more weeks." His lawyer explained.

"If Clark wants to be in his daughter so much why doesn't he move out there. You are asking for your daughter to give up her friends and her only home she has ever known. How is that fair to Amelia , Mr. Davis?" My lawyer replied.

Clark for once was mummed. He couldn't say a thing. I had a lot to say but I knew that I would go over my head and make the situation worse for me.

"So here is what Ms. Drew and I have come up with." My lawyer Adams handed Clark and his lawyer a paper stating what I had requested.

I know I was nervous earlier but I had spoken to my lawyer an hour before this meeting and came up with a situation that could work for the both of us.

It was like before the meeting up with Clark, a light bulb went off in my head. There was no point in dragging this out. I didn't want to be here no more and I just wanted to go. We all just wanted to go home and back to our normal lives. So I came up with a plan that gave Clark, Amelia, one weekend out of every month, one week of winter vacation and one month of summer vacation. And hopefully he would except.

Authors Note :

Sorry for the delay. I have been caught in up in life and hadn't been able to write. But I'm back now. So hopefully y'all continue to follow me in this journey. Also for updates and sneak peeks follow me on Instagram at monikadebargewattpad