The Phone call

Chapter One

BEEP BEEP BEEP
I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I sat up and stretched my back and arms. I checked my phone. 5 missed calls!? I checked the number to the 5 missed calls and all of them were from my grandma Connie. They were from ten minutes ago. I quickly dialed her number.

“Hey Grandma.”

“Hey Miah.”

“What’s up, why did you call?”

“Well i just found out that your great uncle Jim has cancer.”

“What!? Is he okay?”

“yes, he is fine, is it okay if i come get you and take you to see him?”

“Yea, just come inside when you get here cause i might be in the shower.”

“okay, I will see you in an hour, bye love yah.”

“bye grandma, Love yah.”

After i hung up i put my phone on my nightstand and went to my bathroom.

I jumped in the shower quickly washed my hair and shaved my legs.

Then i got out and put lotion on my legs. I went to my bedroom to get changed. I put on a pair of yellow skinny jeans and a black t-shirt. Before my grandma got here i quickly cleaned my room.  After about 5 mins of cleaning my room. i went downstairs and ate breakfast. I was looking through my cabinets when my grandma walked in.

“Hi grandma!”

“Hi, you ready to go?”

“Yea! I hope uncle jim is okay.”

“Miah he is okay for now, they just found it and its in his lungs.”

“.....Okay, lets go!”

“okiedokie!”

As we were sitting in the car driving to waterloo. The song “Drink a Beer” came on.

I just kept lookin out the window and tried not to cry. Then i just couldn’t hold it back. I just started to cry and cry. Then my grandma pulled the car over and started to cry too.  After about 5 mins of crying grandma started the car again and started to drive to waterloo. Then an hour later we were at the hospital. I looked at my grandma with a frightened look on my face.

“Its going to be okay Miah.”

I just nodded at her with a sigh and we started to walk into the hospital.