How to not hate you

September 18, 2002

Dear Bunny,

Today was such a stupid day. And it wasn't stupid because I didn't finish my homework last night. It's also not because I had to stand in front of the class for Math recitation. And it's definitely not because I'm a cleaner for today yet again.

No diary. It's not because all of those bad stuff. It's because of this horrible, horrible person. Ugh. And based from my previous entries, I think you know him already. Yes diary, it's James.

James. James. James!

James gets my blood boiling every time I see him. He's just so arrogant! So full of himself!

He thinks he knows everything! And he's not even cute! In fact, he's dark complexion doesn't compliment his plain face. His eyebrows are too thick and he's a midget! (Well, okay, maybe not a midget, but he's still really short.)

It would've been okay if he looked like that if he was nice and all, but he's not likeable at all! He's not nice Bunny. He's friends with all the bad boys like Will, Rence, Marcus, Carlo and the rest of their gang, whoever they all are. I don't really care!

But what I care about is my happiness. And peace in the classroom actually. But today was not peaceful at all! James showed up in school with a phone! And he was literally bragging about it all over everyone's faces. Latest model whatever. I mean, 2nd graders don't have phones! Not even my brother in college has a phone! So, I don't care James! I don't care about you and your stupid phone! So stop bragging in school! In fact, do everyone a favor and stop being you, you annoying little monster!

Good night Bunny. I feel too bad to continue writing.

Love,

ALEXA

P.S. At recess, James even talked to me asking me if I want to play with his stupid phone. Ugh! Ew! No James, no!

October 10, 2002

Dear Bunny,

I feel so proud of myself today. I stood up to James. Well, a little...

Teacher was talking about the election on Saturday and asked us who we would vote for if ever we were already allowed to vote.

James raised his hand and answered, "Ping Lacson," proudly. He even described why he liked the guy and the strengths and whatever of the guy.

But I know from listening to mom and dad that that Lacson guy is bad so I answered James back after he finished talking, "You only like that guy because he's as corrupt as you!"

The entire class laughed and it certainly made me feel good.

Ha! In your face James Moreno!

Good night Bunny.

Love,

Alexa

December 17, 2002

Dear Bunny,

Today was our Christmas party. It was so fun! We played party games and even if I didn't win any of them, I liked playing anyway. Plus there was so much food and ice cream! I liked the ice cream.

My best friend Caitlyn danced. It was something called Halukay Ube. I didn't even know that song but anyway, I'm glad. I'm a supportive best friend still. Haha!

I remember last year when I got you as an exchange gift from our 1st grade Christmas party. Karlyn gave you to me. This year, I got a snakes and ladders board game. I've been playing with it with my Ate Renee all night.