Retribution

Sarah narrated the whole story to Vachana.

"That bastard", hissed Vachana. "You hang on Sarah, I am bringing in the police to where you are, they will handle him".

"No, I have a plan. Listen", said Sarah.

Sarah explained a plan to Vachana.

"Sounds good", retorted Vachana.

Sarah continued," Please inform my parents that I am alive and that I will be with them soon. Needless to say inform the others. But make sure nobody interferes in the plan I have made."

"Anything for you girl! Be careful. Very careful. Buzz me the instant you need any of us, we will be there in no time. Promise me you will ask for help when you require Sarah", said Vachana.

"Sure will do. Thanks a ton!", said Sarah ending the call.

Sarah did not mention that she was physically challenged. The last thing she wanted was to be pitied and sympathized. If I tell them about my physical condition there is no way they will let me execute the plan thought Sarah.

Sarah was going through her plan a 100 times in her head. She needed all the grit, tolerance, patience and determination in the world to carry out the plan. She was up against a vicious and hateful person.

That afternoon when Nathan came home, a question from Sarah while he was helping her walk threw him off completely.

"Nathan, did we have a wedding date set before the accident ?", asked Sarah baffling Nathan.

He took a minute's time to compose an answer for her question.

"Yes we did. Next month 25th", Nathan's answer was short.

Sarah caught him thinking distantly and prodded him further. "Where is it supposed to be at?"

Nathan noticed how Sarah was using 'is' instead of 'was'. "Oh my god! Are you saying you are up for marriage on the same day as set before!!!??"

"Yes I am ", said Sarah trying to blush a little. She had to act right - like she meant what she just said.

"You cannot imagine how happy this has made me Sarah.I Love you", said Nathan.

"I know"you devil, Sarah said to herself."I have a request", added Sarah, .

"What is it?", questioned Nathan.

"I want to learn to drive", said Sarah.

"I'll drive you around Sarah, anywhere and anytime, always", said Nathan.

"I you would say that Nathan. But please understand I want to be able to do everything a normal person does. I want to start with this because it is challenging. If I do this I will gain confidence and have hope in life. At this point I don't have anything to look forward to except for our wedding. I do not want to be a burden on you Nathan", said Sarah all teared up.

Nathan agreed to her mostly because he did not want to see her crying. "Okay I will get the car fixed with hand controls by this weekend. We can start practicing from next week".

"No I want to start practicing by tomorrow evening. Do what you have to do",said Sarah.

"You know you have always been this adamant", said Nathan and laughed," Alright I'll see what can do".

"No seeing. I'm counting on you Nathan", said Sarah.

The next evening the car was ready.

"Happy?", asked Nathan.