Chapter 1: Banishing

"Does anyone here believe that Glider Evans could do something despicable to her own daughter?! "

The man in charge on judgments said loud enough for the people in the village to hear everything. I could hear the murmuring of the villagers saying that my stepdad couldn't do something as ridiculous as raping his stepdaughter. But what he did a while ago proves everything that he could do such thing. Unlucky for me, not even a single soul saw what had happened. My stepdad was a respected councillor in our village, he was known as the "kindest man" in the village so it was really a bad idea for me to find justice through this judgment meeting.

"How could you do that to your father when all he did was give you all the things he could offer?!"

I instantly felt my face reddened in pure anger because of what he said. He doesn't have any idea on the things I had experienced under the hands of their respected leader.

"Everything you saw was just a show for him to earn respect! Now look around you! He indeed made a great job in poisoning your minds! Your were clueless in knowing the monster behind the mask of a human."

The man looked at me with pure distaste and spit out the most ridiculous words he ever said.

"What you have said and done is unforgivable! You almost killed the councillor and now you have the nerve badmouthing him in front of us?!"

He turned around to face the crowd and said the freaking judgment. Like if it is even really fair in my freakin' part.

"The judgment for this girl beside me is to be banished from this land and shall never return by whatever means. Especially without anyones help in this village! She cannot set foot on this village ever again for the reason of accusing in doing horrible things and endangering the life of our respected councillor!"

Everything was followed by the shouts of agreement of the villagers and all I could do is to curse them all silently for being dumb enough about everything.