part 28

This was supposed to be up days ago but I felt like shit so her it is now.

( Author's pov )

Liam stumbled back slightly at the doctors words. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted of his shoulders. The baby was fine, his baby was fine, his and Cheryl's.

"The baby is really okay" Liam asks in what only can be described as utter disbelief.

The doctor smiles at him "The baby is fine, strong like it's mother"

"Oh my god" he cries and laughs into his hands "The baby is okay" he says again, mostly to himself.

Joan pulls him to a hug straight away laughing and crying with Liam "Strong like his mam the baby is pet" she says to him.

"Aye" Garry butts in "A true geordie" he says, his emotions are a little more controlled but a tear still escapes his eye.

"What happens now" Liam asks when he regains his composure.

The doctors face now turns more professional looking "Like I said before it's all down to Cheryl, up to her to pull through. Her vitals have improved and now the blood clot is out of the way we are hoping more improvements will be seen soon, for now though I'm afraid it's a waiting game"

"Thank you" Liam say's with a lot of sincerity.

The doctor smiles at him "You can go in and see her now"

Liam nods and turns to joan "I need to call Kimberley, I promised her I would let her know when Cheryl got out of surgery" he pulls out his phone "I told Nicola the same thing could you call her for me while I call Kim"

"Of course pet" she say's while taking out her own phone.

"I'll go and see chez" Garry say's smiling at his mother before catching Liam's eye and quickly losing it before walking down the corridor, Liam's eyes following him all the way.

Garry enters the room where his sister lies and his happy to see that the tube that was once sticking out of her mouth has now been removed.

"Hey sis" he say's taking a seat beside her bed "Look what you've gotten yourself into this time" he laughs "You never could stay out of trouble" he shakes his head "In more way's than one" he says as his eyes fall on her stomach "You've only gone and got yourself knocked up chez" he looks up at her face "By a twenty three year old" he sighs "I've met him, I've had words with him and I don't like him" he leans back into his chair "He might be a good guy chez but he's another one of your mistakes and you know it, otherwise you wouldn't of dumped him. I know he's the father of this baby but when you wake up I need you to do the right thing and not get back with him" he leans forward and puts his hand on her stomach "You will have more important things to deal with and this baby will need you at your best, not heartbroken over some kid who has gone way over his head. I know you love this boy" he looks up at her "But that is all he is, a boy. You don't need a boy or anyone else apart from your family. When you wake up you just need to focus on your child" he say's looking at her as if to expect a response.

"Anyway" he say's clearing his throat "You just need to focus on getting through this right now. I need my big sister and there is no way in hell you're leaving me to deal with mam all by myself" he say's laughing "Come on chez pull through this."

"Kimberley" Liam say's pulling his phone from his ear "I've just been trying to call you what are you doing here" he asks looking at the woman who just came through the doors.

"I had my cuddles with Bobby, I did all the crying but I couldn't sleep so I came here" she says a little breathlessly.

"Kim it's quarter to three in the morning you should be at home in bed"