Chapter one

Mackenzie's p.o.v.
I woke up and hop in the shiwer straight away.
I wash my hair and bidy and get out and dry and braid my hair and I put in my outfit for today.

I head downstairs and see my mom passed out from drinking too much alcohol. My mum is an alcoholic and drug addict and is really abusive. She hits me, kicks me, whips me, all because she blames me for my dad dying when i was 7. He died from an injury riding a bull. I have hated bull riding since then and my mom blames me. The only other people who knew where Lucas and Zay. Zay was my best friend and Lucas was my boyfriend and we were all so close. I loved Lucas abd i still do. But they both moved to new york and have probably forgotten about me. I walk out the foor and towards the stables. I walk to midnight, a beautiful horse with a gorgeous black fur coat.

 I walk to midnight, a beautiful horse with a gorgeous black fur coat

She was mine and lucas' favourite horse.
"Hey Midnight," i say, feeding her an apple.
I grab the brush and brush her mane. She would only let me and Lucas brush her mane. Me, Lucas and Midnight had a special bond. Technically she belonged to Lucas and his family, but she was still our horse. I hear someone clear their throats and i turned around and saw Pappy Joe.
"You know kid, you will eventually get back to riding and enjoy it, everyone gets over their fear eventually and i saw the way you rode, you were truly happy and you forgot about everything else and just rode. You need to get back out there" he said and he hugged me and walked away.
"What do you say midnight??" I asked. She neighed and i laughed and saddled her up and put in her reigns. I led her out and i saw Pappy Joe watching me as i walked her out the stables and to the field. I opened the gate to the field and led her in. I closed the gate and got on her saddle. My heartbeat picked up and u took a few minutes to calm down. Last time i rode a horse, i fell off and broke my leg and hurt my back. The doctor said there was a chance i may never be able to ride again. Luckily, i could ride again but i was to scared to. Pappy Joe has been trying to get me to ride again for ages and i think now is finally the time. We strted at a sliw trot and eventually we were halloping around the field and i was no longer scared. I rode to the top and got off and sat down for a while. I saw Pappy joe leave and wave at me as he left. I waved back and began to think about Lucas and Zay and how they are doing. Midnight was grazing and she came over and nudged me on the shoulder. I stood up and hugged her neck and she put her head on my shoulder and her leg around my leg.

"i wonder how Lucas is doing Midnight," she beighed and i giggled a bit "I know, i miss him alot too," i say and a tear slid down my cheek

"I know, i miss him alot too," i say and a tear slid down my cheek. I hopped back in the saddle and decided to ride for another hour or so.
*7 hours later*
We rode around for another 7 hours and halfway through i decided to go in the forest for a ride. I got back to the gate and i saw Pappy Joe was back. I get off of Midnight's saddle and i open the gate and close it after me and Midnight. I stop and give Midnight a stroke and a few apples from a barrel next to me and i hear someone clear their throat. I turn round and saw them standin there with 4 people I didn't know
Oh. My. God...