Chapter 3

Isis's POV

I could hear Doctor Doppler talking on the phone. I turned to see him walking over to Mrs. Hawkins.

"I talk to the cosponsors," he says softly, "sorry Sarah the Benbow Inn burn to the ground."

Mrs. Hawkins gasps before place her head in her hands. I could feel someone staring at me I turn to see Jim watching me sadly. I frown and walked over to him.

"It'll be alright Jim," I say softly touching his arm.

I could hear Doctor Doppler still talking in the background as Jim picked up the orb he was given earlier. He started messing with until it open and green pixels flew around us.

"HEY!" I hear Doctor Doppler yell.

Planets and galaxies flew around until it stopped at one planet.

"It's...." Doctor Doppler says surprised.

"Treasure Planet!" Jim says smiling huge pulling me into a hug.

"No!" Doctor Doppler says still staring at the planet.

"This is awesome!" I say smiling.

"That's Treasure Planet!" Jim says pulling slightly away from me to smile down at me.

"Flints' Trove? The loot of a thousand worlds?" Doctor Doppler asks, "Do you know what this means?"

"It means that all that treasure is only a boat ride away!" Jim says hugging me again.

I blushed and hugged him back before he pulled away.

"Mom, this is it! This is the answer to all our problems!" Jim says running over to his mother smiling.

"Jim, there is absolutely no way..." she says still in shock.

"Don't you remember? All those stories?" Jim asks looking over at me for help.

"That's all they were! Stories!" Mrs. Hawkins says staring at him sadly.

"With the treasure, we could rebulid the Benbow a hundred ties over!" Jim says smiling.

"Well this-it's just-oh, my. Delbert, would you please explain how ridiculous this is?" she asks looking over at Doctor Doppler for help here.

"It's totally preposterous! Traversing the entire galaxy alone!" he says making me sigh sadly.

"Now at last we hear some sense!" Mrs. Hawkins says proud she got help.

"That's why I'm going with y'all!" he says running around making Jim and me look at each other smiling.

"Delbert!" Mrs. Hawkins yells as he runs up a stack of books.

"All my life, I've been waiting for an opportunity like this, and here it is screaming, "Go Delbert! Go Delbert!...""

"Okay! You guys are all grounded!" she yells looking at us all.

"Sarah, come here," Doctor Doppler says waving her over to him.

They stood there talking as Jim grabbed my hand making me look at him.

"Isis, you'll come with us, right?" he asks watching me with his bright blue eyes.

"Yes Jim, I will go with you guys," I say smiling up at him.

We hear Mrs. Hawkins sighs and walks over to Jim and me.

"Jim, I don't wanna lose you," she says before looking at me, "I don't want you hurt either."

"Mom, you won't. I'll make you proud," Jim says grabbing her hand and smiling at her, "I'll keep Isis safe."

Mr. Hawkins smiles at he both of us before pulling us into a hug.

"Alright Jim and Isis, next stop Montresor Space Port," Doctor Doppler says pointing out the window to a crest moon.