ANCESTRAL HOUSE

Being raised as an only child,my friend Clarisse (not her real name),wasn't that much of follower. she was considered as "the brat"Of our Group.we've been together since we were in grade school so I got used to her attitude. Our parents are very good friends and since I consider myself more mature than her, I acted as her big sister though we're in the same age and grade level. She's very smart and pretty. Many girls of our age and inside the campus envied and at the same time hated her.

It was summer vacation, March 2010 ,When I invited Clarisse to come with me to my Grand Mother Edad's house somewhere in bicol. I expected that she wouldn't consider this invitation because I'm going to a province and even for me there's nothing exciting about going there except that my mom will kill me if I didn't visit my Grand ma. told me that she's been looking for me since I got into college and that made me think of her strangeness. Why would she want to see me, after so many years ? To my surprise Clarisse was very happy that I asked her to come. it wasn't hard for me to ask her parents' permission because they trust me much when it comes to looking after their Clarisse.

By the end of the month, Clarissa and I went to my Grand Ma's . The house is very old yet it's still beautiful and somewhat inviting. But that was before we spent the first night.

Grand ma Edad was in her late 70's and she lives alone in that big house. The maids come once every two weeks to clean for her. at her age it really amazes me that she can still do house chores without much help.She's still strong yet there's something different I saw in her eyes the day we came there. She was doing something in the garden when I came close to her.

" Mano po LA" I tried to reach her hands when at the right side of the eyes caught a very slow and blurry movement. it came from the gumamela plants then disappeared when it passed,Clarisse, Who was at my back at that time. It was like a little girl but I wasn't sure.

When I returned my gaze to Grand ma edad , I was shaken when I found her face very close to mine and she was smiling when she whispered,"You saw her?"Don't Close with him" That smile gave me the creeps.those weren't the words I expected to hear from my old grandma.she started at Clarisse Said,"the house is so big. And big space And Beautiful Park There"

Clarisse and I had the same room.after having our dinner with Grandma. who didn't talked much, we decided to take a rest. it had been a long day for us so we went straight to our room.it was on the second floor and quite big. The furniture looks very old yet elegant. The whole house was made of wood but it still looked well-built. it has a veranda where you can see garden.

She was very busy searching for signal while I was unpacking our things.

I was shocked because when I was about to put our things in the closet, i saw a girl. Her face was bloody and she was holding something. I wasn't sure what I saw. slowly, she stood up and disappeard. My body stiffened. I collapsed on the floor and that's when Clarisse ran to me and asked me what happened. I wasn't able to talk but my face showed that I was very scared.

I wasn't able to sleep early thought I was very tired. The face of the little girl always appears in my mind whenever I closed my eyes. The next day, I Didn't feel well so I've decided to get rest while Clarisse went outside and tried to find someone who can show her around the town. I knew she was planning something and I was right. jeremy , her boyfriend, was with her when she came back.

" Im a right " I lost the thought of the young girl that time. I was more concerned of what her parents will say if they'll find out about jeremy .

"Give me a chance sis", She said "' He never think mommy.Don't worry." Jeremy checked into the nearest apartment so he can easily go to our place for Clarisse.

After a few days, thought I never saw the girl again, I could feel her presence anywhere in the house. Even in the garden.But while we were eating one night, my spoon fell so I had to pick it up.I bent down to reach it. I saw the girl, very close to my face and she was smiling! though I wanted to shout I couldn't find my voice. Then I realized what She's holding was a foot! I got up when I was able to and stood to get another spoon when I saw her again standing next to my grandma. Her eyes grew bigger and fear crept to my whole body!

I lost my appetite and told my grandma that I'll have to go pack my stuff because I'll have to leave by tommorow. She didn't answer as usual but when I saw about to go our room she said ,"Charey,Come here"

I wondered why but I came back and sat beside her. that time Clarisse went to our room to pack her things, too. She didn't know what was happening to me and why at the very first day I began to feel and see different scary stuff. I decided not to tell her so she could enjoy this vacation but I really couldn't take it anymore

My Grandma looked at me with sympathy."I know you scared ", she said ," You saw her I'm I right?" she stood up and went near the widow.

Those words made my heart beat fast but I still managed to ask "Grandma who is she?"

She looked at me and said,"She Is Clarisse, she is my sister she died on youngger age , she felt on three and his head hit on Metal"

After hearing those words I stood up to go our room because I was really scared even with the way my grandma stared at me. I was about to go when she walked towards me and gave me a piece of paper.it was a picture. in the pictures was the little girl and I guess was my grandma. I looked back to her but she was already walking away heading outside. I ran to our room and closed the door.

the day after, we said goodbye to grandma who looked very weak and sad. I headed home after Clarisse and I separated. months passed and I didn't hear much from Clarisse until the school year begun.

First day of school, I saw her sitting at the bench and she really looked very thin and light. it seemed that she was sick."oy!" I tapped her shoulder from the back and she screamed and went hysterical "Clarisse!Clarisse! So Charey 'to!"

She opened her eyes and hugged me. "What happening?Are you OK ?" She didn't answer and wept.Girls from our class started to make fun of Clarisse because of her absentmindedness.She often failed our quizzes and exams. After month, Clarisse Died.

She jumped out from the second floor and died on the spot. I heard  a group of students murmuring about her death at the funeral.

Her mom asked me what happened to her but I said I wish I knew the answer cause she never talked to me about it. I got closer to her when I saw a familiar things she was wearing. it was the necklace I saw that somewhere but I couldn't remember where. my phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello?Why, Mom?I'm here Clarisse house." I heard mom's voice but it was a bit shaky. " Your grandma.... she's dead . Come back here fast"

I went home and found my mom sitting in the couch."Mom? what's happened to my grandma?" I sat beside her. my mom looked very sad and she was trying hard not to cry.

I went to my room and found myself holding my gradma picture with the girl. then something caught my eyes. it was the necklace, the same necklace Clarisse was wearing at the funeral. suddenly, the picture of the little girl smiled. I dropped the pictures and when I was about to pick it up. small hands went out under my bed. I stood up and when I was about to run outside a figure of a woman stopped me. it was in my front door it looked like Clarisse! She walked as if she was crippled lady then I realized that she didn't have her right leg. she came closer...closer...and closer...because I was very frightened, I lost my consciousness. When I woke up,I was in the hospital and the doctor said I was just depressed for my lost, my best friend and my grandma.

until now, I am still wondering what really happened to them but its this one thing I'm sure... I knew what I saw...