Amanda Hynes

I walk to my destination, my hands open blandly on my sides. I see the face of my nurse, Mrs. Lokia. She was tall, thin, and always has horrible breath. She bothers me.

"Amanda, this is your new doctor, Mr....?"

"Mackenzie. It's great to finely meet you Amanda, I've heard much about you." He said, taking my thin hand in his. His face looked excited, but it shouldn't. Nothing ever happens around this place anyways. "I'm sure we'll work hard together to get these probl- er, issues worked out, okay?"

I nodded, knowing that  was the answer he wanted. They always wanted their "kids" to act nice, and behave. Those ones never lasted too long.

"Let's go to your room and talk," he suggested blandly. His voice was annoying, it was too high.

I simply turned around and started towards my room, from the footsteps I would guess Mrs. Lokia and Mr. Mackenzie were behind me.

"Tell me what exactly happened to this child." Mr. Mackenzie whispered. I assumed I wasn't meant to hear, so I ignored him.

"Well," started Mrs. Lokia, "she was a good girl, came from a wealthy family. It first started when she turned ten, but then it only became worse. But the absolute worst, was when her little brother was born. They say that she just snapped, one second she was holding her brother and smiling, the next she had almost snapped his head clean off.  She then turned on her older sister, and nearly killed her too, if it weren't for the doctors rushing in and holding her down. The system decided she just wasn't worth it, and sent her here." I hate it when she talks about me like that, I mean, it wasn't my fault, right?

"Okay, thank you, that will help immensely." Said the man.

I stopped, something was just bothering me too much.

"Is something wrong Amanda?" Asked the woman.

I simply nodded my head. I looked down, to find that my hands were in front of me, clenched. I saw something that wasn't right then. My hands were covered in blood. I could smell it, probably taste it if I wanted. But then it was gone. I felt sad.

"Is there something we can do to help you?" Asked the man. His voice was too high. There was too much buzzing.

I reached forward before he could move and pulled out a pen. I clicked the back, and looked at it. I saw everything on that pen. It looked beautiful.

I looked at the people in front of me, and I didn't see my nurse and my doctor. I saw people.

I stepped forward, punching the pen through the man's neck. He grasped at the pen, trying to pull it out, so I pulled it out for him. Blood ran down his body, and then he fell. My sister fell too. I wondered why they did that. I looked up and saw the lady, trying to use the phone. I went up to her, and put the pen in her back. Then I pulled it out. Then I put it back in. Over. And over. And over. And over. Then she fell too, the boring black phone falling to the ground with her.

"Amanda!" I heard a cry behind me. I turned. It was another nurse, a older one.

I looked at her, feeling odd once again.

"Come on, you don't want to be late for lunch." She said. She turned away and I followed.

I was hungry, I hope we have sandwiches for lunch again.

FIN