Big Bang

After I've settled them in to bed I do a quick check around the house for any money lying on the floor. I find nothing! There is a knock at the door and I rush to answer it. It could be my father returning however it could be an officer telling me he is dead. I open it free mind to find Tyler at my door with a large smile. "Hey beautiful," he teases. I can't help but blush. I let him in and he leaps on to the sofa. "They already asleep?" He asks, pulling a toy from under his leg. I slide in next to him. "Yeah, it took me a while so keep you're voice down." I say pulling a finger to his lips, shushing him. He grabs my hand and pushes me so he is on top. We both giggle until I push him so I'm the boss and we are on the floor laughing our heads off. "Be quite she said, it took me forever to get them to sleep she said." We laugh again. Those weren't the words I said but His sarcasm brightens my day. I've known Tyler my whole life and he like Sarah has been there for me through thick and thin. Me and him have a connection no one can brake since we are going through the same situation. Having to be there for our families because there isn't anyone else. Unlike me he lives with his mother but that doesn't help only means one more person to support. His mother is in deep depression she doesn't talk, eat or sleep. Tyler has to force the food down her just to keep her alive! She's been this way since her husband, (Tyler's dad) had died fighting for our country. The worst bit was everyone in this village saw his death. It was public and that's exactly what the other armies wanted to show that we are useless against them, that soon, one by one, we are all going to die. "Have you heard?" Tyler asks. He places the cushions back on to the sofa. I lift an eyebrow because I'm not sure what he is going on about. He pulls a piece of paper out from his pocket. I take it from his grasp and examine it. Shock. They want children from the age of 14 to start to practise in the army camps, to fight out at war. I'm 15 and so is Tyler. It looks like my death is going to be sooner than I expected. "They can't be doing this," I say and look at it again making sure I read it right and I did. No way of missing the new requites are starting at the age of 14 for both genders. When will they be taking us? Who will support my brother and sister? Will they become orphans or be killed? "I don't want to Tyler! I don't want to die yet!" I sob and he holds me tight shushing me, trying to calm me. I wipe my eyes and he let's go. We both look at each other for a while. I still can't believe this is happening. I'm scared. So so scared. I hear rumbling faintly. So does Tyler and we both turn to face the window. "What the hell." Tyler says. He walks to the window and pulls back the small bit of fabric we use as a curtain and I can see the orange reflection on his face. Fire. Tyler rushes to me and that's when I hear the massive bang. It's hard to hear anything after that. All I can hear is the gun fire explosions and because my ears are still trying to recover from the Big Bang that probably killed hundreds of people in our small village. Tyler grabs me and pulls me down to the floor. My body is in shock I'm all numb. "I'm getting Charlie and Mollie go to the basement!" He screams and then runs to the stairs. The house is now in flames. The front door and soon it will spread but the basement is safe. Safer than outside where you will get stabbed or shot. I grab myself to the feet and run to the under the staircase where the latch if the basement is. I run down and try to steady my breathing. Where is Tyler?! Has he got them?! I don't know what I would do if they died! I would be a hopeless wreck like Tyler's mum. Should I go back and look for them? Before I have thought about it they come bashing through the latch. Charlie and mollies arms firmly holding around Tyler's neck. When they get up I see the tears welling up in their eyes. They're scared. I rush to them holding them tight. Tyler comes from behind me. "We need to rest, be quite so they don't hear us and come down." He says softly in my ear. I nod and grab the kids by there arms. "Now listen, there are big bad people outside and we need to make sure we don't make a sound. Ok?" They both nod and we go down to the further end of the basement and grab some pillows and duvets. I place my self on the left outer side and Tyler on the right, securing mollie and charley in between us. I stroke mollies hair until me and her are both asleep.