First Appointment.

I sat on a park bench, my eyes glued to a book, my long dreads falling in my  face from time to time. I enjoyed being here. The view was relaxing and people didn't try to talk to me. I had my earbuds in to make sure it stayed that way. Often, when people tried to talk to me, they thought I was rude or stuck up because I wouldn't answer. Truth be told, I couldn't hear. I felt terrible when people got angry at him, I just didn't want people to hear my broken English when I tried to speak. There's really only one person who gets to hear it, though.

I stood up when he felt my phone buzz in my pocket, closing my book. That was my signal to go into the building across the street, where my speech therapist was. I really wanted to be able to communicate with the hearing world. I lost his hearing when I was seven, when I got mumps. It completely ruined my hearing and I learned to isolate myself, after all my friends and classmates bullied me about it.

I walked as fast as my feet could carry me, excited about my first session. I didn't know who my therapist was, I was just hoping that they'd be nice to me. I walked up the stairs of the building and into the office, sitting in a chair as I waited for my therapist. Picking up my book, I looked down at where I left off. I didn't like watching TV and I couldn't listen to music, so books were my best bet.

It wasn't long when I felt a tap on my shoulder, looking up to see a man towering over me. He was heavily tattooed and had three lip rings along his bottom lip. A smile spread across his lips as he nodded his head to the side as a cue to follow the man. I got up and followed him, holding the book close to my side. The man led me to a small office with with a desk and a couch, where I sat down on the end of the couch. The man sat down in his chair and smiled. He started to sign, which threw me off.

    "I'm Chris." He signed with a smile, holding his hand out to me.

    "I'm Devin." I responded before shaking Chris' hand. I immediately noticed how nice his hands were. Did I have a hand kink? Eh, maybe just the slightest bit. I saw them a lot when I'd communicate, I grew an attraction towards them. I sat back against the couch as Chris started to sign again.

"From my understandment, you know very little when it comes to English." He signed, pausing as he waited for me to correct him.

"I've lost capability over time." I nodded as I signed.

"What do you remember?"

"Very little. From what I've been told, I butcher simple words without realizing." I responded to his question, a frown taking over my lips.

Chris sighed and nodded, turning around to grab a book, flipping it to a page that showed the alphabet. "We'll just completely start over, then." He said and set the book in my lap.

//

I'm starting a new story. I'm a bit bored with Torture Toy and I'm thinking of either canceling it or rewriting it; what do you think?