Water Girl

I stared out at the blurry scenery as the car whizzed by on the motorway. I rested my chin in my hand and sighed. We had been in the car for 3 hours now, my Mam, my Dad, my brother and I. We were on the way to Somerset where my Granny and Grandad lived. They lived in a small cottage beside the seaside and near the Raven campsite. We went there every Summer. It was my favourite place in the whole world. They didn't have a telly, or internet or anything like that, but that was partly why I loved it. It was so carefree, so... relaxing. I left all my worries behind when I went to Somerset. My brother and I owned a small red sailing boat. We kept in the harbour by the beach. I loved to sail and swim. I could swim like a fish, with strong rapid strokes and I could hold my breath under water for nearly a minute. My mother called me her little water baby. My brother and I always sailed and swum together in Somerset. We were best friends. But for the past year my brother had been so distant, he treated me like a little girl who tagged along when she was unwanted. We used to spend all our time together, have our own little secrets, nobody could have a relationship as close as my brother and I. But one day he just stopped talking to me. He answered in short boring answers and spent most of his time in his room. I didn't know why, nobody did. It was like my brother had left and a grumpy distant teenager had replaced him. I didn't like it, I wanted my brother back.