Chapter 5

Cole's p.o.v.

After I get back to the palace, I park my motorcycle in the garage, and run up to my room. I sit for hours at my desk, drawing, sketching, and thinking about different ways I could help make the people of the lower caste lives better. I thought about all sorts of thing. How we can only host balls or big dinners for a special event; like Christmas, or the Queen's birthday, not once a month to keep up appearance. We could also take the prepared food we cook for the day and didn't eat and hand it out to any caste below 5, that can't make a steady flow of income. I sigh as I walk out of my father study. My feet dragging on the floor, and my head hanging low. My self-esteem deflated. I took my idea of how to help the people poor than us to father. Which in itself was a stupid idea. I knew he was going to make up an excuse and then later I would get in trouble for bringing up the "sensitive" topics. 

My father does not take suggestions to how he rules very well, and I know that. I was just so caught up in being the hero...for the girl in the market. I didn't even know her name. I just don't get it. We have plenty, too much actually, who needs an extravagant ball every month, or an eight course dinner once a week when people out there are starving. In my mind I knew I have to see her again, to help. Even if I could only make a difference in her life.

 I race back to my room, almost tripping on the stairs, and running into a maid in the process. When I get to my room its dark, night has already fallen. "Lights on" I say to Max, my voice activate "room." It was the newest technology. Every member of the royal family had their own smart room. Max controlled lights, the radio, temperature, even the T.V. I liked my room, and designed it myself last year. It was nice, the walls were a light gray, with an accent navy blue wall. On the blue wall my king size bed was pushed against in. Black night tables on either side. I had a walk in closet, for all my suites and ties. I also have an ensuite, which connects to my room. On the wall opposite of my bed, in the corner there is a door, which connects the next room over...meant for my queen. It's a lot to take it. I've been staring at it, and thinking ever since I moved rooms. My favorite part of my room is my geek corner. I love computers. My desk has four Mac desktop computers on it, three of them right beside each other, and one on top of the middle of the three. I love to hack, and to mess with people. Once when I was 11, I hacked my sister's computer and turned on her camera. I had ten minutes of her dancing around in her room singing, I'm a Barbie Girl. I've never laughed so hard. 

Once I'm in my room I close and lock my door. I grab my satchel off my bed, and stuff some coins, that I would have brought to the market with me, with some rolls I stole from dinner and some of my sister's casual clothes that don't fit her anymore. Nothing much, just a couple of t-shirts, skinny jeans, some skirts, and a heavy jacket. I also threw in a blanket. I closed my bag, and laid it under the bed. I grab my iPhone, and sit at my desk, and make a phone call to my friend, the prince of Italy. Even though we are at war with almost everyone, because of my father's foolishness; Italy has chosen to still remain peaceful with us. I am thankful that the bond Queen America made with Italy was so strong, that they won't leave us. I hope to try and heal our other broken relationships with countries once I take the throne.

The phone rings for six rings before going to voicemail. I call again, and again until he picks up. "This better be important call, with the time difference it's 3 AM here." He exclaims over the phone, fighting the sleepiness in his voice.

"It is. I met this girl and---."

I get cut off as he laughs and replies; "so you're calling me for ideas of a romantic gesture. I get it since I'm the ladies' man." I can basically hear the smirk in his voice. But it is true, he is very smooth with the ladies.

"Actually, yes, I did call you for advice, Mason."

"Oh, really, I was just joking but ok. So is she some visiting princess, or did your selection already start. I must come and visit you during your selection. I love the idea of being surrounded by 35 girls. Who knows, maybe I'll cheer a few up after you dispose of them." He is such a player, I think to myself, but once you get to know him, he's really a great guy. He just has a hard time opening up to people.

"No, she isn't a princess, and my selection hasn't started yet. She's a seven and I met her when I snuck out to the outer sector, and I can't get her out of my mind." I sigh dreamily, pulling up an image of her in my mind. As soon as I got back to the castle, I hacked into our servers, and looked at everyone in our censes. Since I didn't know her name, I looked by caste, than location, and finally hair and eye color. When I finally found her, her full name made butterflies swarm in my stomach.

"Wow, dude, what are you going to do about that. You know your father won't let you see her, and because of what was discovered in Kind Maxon's selection, you can no longer fix it, and pick her out of the entries."

"Trust me, I know that, but I have a plan. If I can't have her as a contestant, than at least she'll be safe, sheltered, and fed as a maid." While he's talking on the other end, questioning my craziness. Saying that if she gets caught she will be seriously punished, and blah, blah, blah, he also says something about it being a stupid and reckless decision. I don't care. I take her picture, full name and age, and print out a fake caste ID card, and birth certificate, just in case.

While my 3D printer is working on recreating a valid ID, I tune Mason back in. "Since you're not going to listen to me, and go along with your plan, what exactly is your plan?"

"Well, I need to make her a six and my sister will take her on as a personal maid. After that I have no idea, but that's a start. And before you say anything, I sworn Emily to secrecy. Unlike you my sister and I are close, and she'll keep my secret."

"Fine, I see you have it ALL figured out. I hope your plans don't backfire on you. Can you tell me her name?"

"Yeah, sure, her full name is Evening Star Rombuix, and she 16, she has a sister, and a mom. You should see her, she's brave, and fearless, and has these cute dimples when she smiles, and---."

"Wow, I asked for her name, not her life story. I hope you know what you're doing buddy. Look I got to go, call me in a few days and let me know how your plans are working out." With that there's a click and the line goes dead. I close my eyes, I hope I know what I'm doing too. The ID's done printing, and so is the birth certificate. I grab them, and place them both in the bag. Once my mind alms down I crawl into bed and try to fall asleep.

MiTZG