My Sickeningly Perfect Mask (One-Shot)

I'm so sick of trying to please everyone.Why must I wear different masks wherever I go?

Getting good grades to please my parents without causing my friends to think I'm a geek or a snob.

Acting nice to people I can't even stand.

Appearing as a good and studious student in front of teachers without making myself seem like the teacher's pet infront of my classmates.

Even when I'm around my ''friends'',I still feel so lonely and empty.

Why doesn't anyone ever realise that I'm not expressing my true feelings?

'''Someone,please help me.

My heart is yelling out in loneliness.

Even though I pretend to be tough,I still want someone to find me.''

I can't laugh when I want to,I have to laugh when I don't want to.I can't cry when I want to,I have to cry when I don't want to.I can't get angry when I want to,I have to get angry when I don't want to.

I'm like the main character in a never-ending series of a soap drama.

One day,as I look into the mirror,I realise I'm staring at a girl who I don't even recognize anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard my phone's alarm ring and immediately sat up straight on my bed.

Time for another day of pretenses.

Just as I walked out of my room after washing up and changing,I spotted my parents sitting at the dining room table and sat down beside my mum.

''Haylee,take your breakfast and go to school yourself,okay? Your dad and I are busy today so we can't send you.''

It's always the same old excuse everyday since elementary.Just admit,you guys don't want to send me.

''Of course,mum.I wouldn't want to trouble you and dad after all.'' I replied as I beamed at her.

How annoying.

---------------------------------------

''Haylee! Good morning!'' I heard a voice calling me as I stepped into the school grounds.

I took a deep breath as I prepared myself.

It's time for my 'friends' mask.

I turned around and gave a big smile to the owner of the voice.

''Rayna! Good morning! Aww I missed you!'' I exclaimed as I hugged her.

As if.I was having the time of my life without her.

'' Of course you did dear.I mean who wouldn't?Anyways,what do you think of my outfit today? '' Rayna asked as she playfully winked and gave a twirl.

Disgusting.

Hideous especially on someone like you.

'''Why,it's absolutely gorgeous! You are already beautiful in the first place so with that dress,you look just perfect! I'm so jealous.'' I smiled as I clapped.

''Hey girls!'' Someone came up behind us and placed his arms around our waist.

Ugh.My god.Why did I have to meet him first thing in the morning? It's ruining my day.

'''Ryan!'' I giggled like a school girl and winked at him.

Behind Ryan,was the group of jocks and cheerleaders.