i

For some, a new neighbor means new friends. For others, it's an introduction to the gates of hell. When you saw the movers lugging boxes up the many flights of stairs, Ian hoped the person moving in would be nice and maybe even become a new friend.

He was wrong.

The first interaction Ian had with this man was when he baked him cookies to welcome him to the apartment complex.

"Do these have weed in them?" He asked with a (gorgeous) smirk. At this moment he knew this was gonna be a shit show.

"Find out for yourself," Ian retorted, shoving the cookies into his arms and walking next door to his apartment. "Welcome to the building," he mumbled, pushing the door shut forcefully.

"My name's Joji by the way!" He laughed, so loud Ian could hear it through the door. Ian hoped that was the last time he'd ever have to interact with that guy.

.......

The noise started at one a.m. A scream sounding vaguely like a loud "yes!" ripped you from your sound sleep.

"What the actual fuck?" Ian muttered, turning over to check the time.

Unacceptable.

It takes him a few minutes to figure out where the screaming and banging was coming from. The realization hit him like a ton of bricks: the new guy. Who did he think he was, moving in and deciding he owned the place?

Ian knew that hitting the wall likely wouldn't do anything, but he did so anyway in attempt to salvage some of your sleep. He at least wanted the new guy to know how shitty he was, and combatting the noise seemed like a perfect way to do so.

After three (!!!) hours, the screaming finally subsided enough for Ian to fall back asleep. He hoped this was only a one time thing, but had a feeling this wasn't going to be.

He had no idea it was going to be everyday though. This nonstop noise continued for the next week, making Ian think he was actually going to drop dead at work. He had enough, and decided the best solution would be to tape an extremely aggressive letter to the prick's door was the perfect solution (face to face contact was not Ian's thing).

'Dear Joji (or whatever the fuck your name is),
If you don't stop being so loud at the time of 1-3 in the morning every freaking DAY, you will regret ever moving here.
                                     -Ian <3'

Ian taped the letter to his door, hoping he would listen and stop ruining his precious sleep.

Boy was he wrong.