Camp Winnie

Louis Pov

My dad is so excited because he's driving a big yellow school bus. My dad, the "no fun lawyer" of England. While my mom sits behind him in a seat patting his back. Me in the seat opposite of my mom, my legs propped up againest the seat while slouching look at them in disgust. I don't flow the way I'm suppose to. Yes. I'm gay. A rich gay teen who's a sassy bitch. That would be me. I shake my head and put my earphones in listening to Clocks by Coldplay. They can make music that's for sure. I see my dad say something to me. I take my ear phones out to listen.

" So the first stop is in Holmes Chapel Chesire to pick up a boy named Harold Styles? He's 16. What do you think Louis?" My dad says. I shake my head and look out the window.

" Some last name." I respond sarcastically.

A few minutes later and a few headaches from my parents, we've pulled up to a run down looking house that would fall apart any second. I sit up straight to look at the house more. A boy looking down with curly hair covered by a gray beanie is sitting on the front porch steps. Twiddling his hands together. He's wearing a black tee with a long sleeve maroon cardigan over. A long sleeve? IT'S FUCKING NINETY OUTSIDE! My dad openes the bus doors and yells to the oblivious boy.

"LET'S GO BUCKAROO! MY NAMES MARK AND WE'RE GOING TO CAMP WINNIE! COME ON NOW!" He yells and smiles. I mentally slap myself for not talking to him about this. The boy snaps his head up and squints. Something clicks in his head to get up and walk. He walks with his head down and really quickly also. He steps up the stairs to greet my father.

" Hey Harold, right?" My dad puts out his hand.

" Harry." He whispers and rejects the hand shake and starts walking to the back of the bus My eyes follow him to the back of the bus when he picks a seat. He puts his bag toward the window and plops down next to it. I'm hiding my face except for my eyes to watch this curious boy. He looks up and locks eyes with me. His eyes blown wide and green. He blinks and looks away blushing staring out the window. I turn back around and sigh. My dad let's out a sarcastic " ok" then drives to the next stop.

For the next hour, we drive around England picking up teens going to this camp. Their all stuck-up or druggies. My mind though, keeps going back to Harry. I can't get those green eyes out of my head. My dad announces after the 165265463 person we've picked up that we were on our way to the camp. It would take us a maximum of 15 minutes to get there. I was pumped. Getting out of this bus and this nasty smell of b.o. I looked back after the announcment to see Harry. He was squished between his bag and a really big boy. His face said it all. He wanted out soon. Everyone was caught up in their own conversations that he looked back at me. He must not have anyone to talk to. I smiled and chuckled at him. He smiled back and pointed to the Oger next to him. I laughed and turned back around.

Only 5 more minutes left until freedom. My dad had to stop at a gas station for more gas. In that time i got up from my seat making my way all the way to the back to Harry. Everyone kept going to conversations i had to physically move bodies out of my way. I stood in front of the oger boy that squished Harry. I looked at hi and he looked at me.

" Move." I sternly said. The boy was frightened and got up right away. I chuckled as i plopped down next to Harry. I looked straight front not wanting to meet his eyes yet. He, obviously, was staring at me in shock. I chuckled and looked over at him. His small figure curled hugging his bag. I smiled widely at him.

" Hi Harry! I'm Louis!" I said putting out my hand like my father. He stared at my hand then back at me. I put my hand down and my smile faded. I looked down and fiddled wih hands. All of the sudden, i felt a hand on top of mine. I smiled and took his hand in mine. I looked up to see him looking down at our hands. A smile crept up on his face with a blush.

" WHO'S READY FOR CAMP WINNIE!" My dad yelled as he climbed back in the bus. A bunch of roars broke through the bus. I certainly was.