"You can't remember, can you?"

"Murphy, promise me you'll never hurt me and I'll promise to never give up on you."

He smiled. "Of course, you're the best friend I've ever had. I'd promise anything!"

As children do, they intertwined pinkies and swore their promises, to be kept till the end of time.

(Present Day)

Knock, knock knock. "Hello? Milo, are you here?" y/n shouted from outside the Murphy house. You see today was what Milo and y/n called "promise day." In honor of the day they first met, it had seemed each wanted something that the world just couldn't give. For Milo it was a true friend, who wouldn't leave him. And for y/n, well she was always in emotional turmoil, an didn't want to be hurt anymore. So noticing each had what the other wanted, they made that solemn promise. And ever since then they celebrated it, so that they would always remember.

y/n tried to look in through the side window, to check if Milo were there, and part of her became worried that he had forgotten. Mrs.Murphy opened the door with a smile, "Hello y/n. Are you looking for Milo?" y/n nodded. "Yes actually, is he here?" y/n responded in a worried tone. "Well, come inside he should be here soon, h e just went to get... what was it again." Mrs.Murphy trailed off, trying to recall what her son had said. y/n entered the house, following Mrs.Murphy to the living room, where she was surprised to find Zack and Melissa sitting on the couch. Suddenly the phone rang and Mrs.Murphy left to answer it. "Hey guys, what are you doing here?" Zack explained that they had also been waiting for Milo because he said he had something to tell them. "Why wouldn't he tell me?" y/n wondered. 

Her thoughts were interrupted when Mrs.Murphy returned, her face a ghostly white and expression contorted into one of fear. She shook when she spoke.

"K-kids M-milo was in an accident, he was riding his bike back home when a semi swerved onto the sidewalk and hit him, he's in the hospital." y/n shot out of her seat, sure Milo had been to the hospital millions of times, but not like this, and knowing the route to the hospital grabbed her bike and shifted to the highest gear, silent tears sliding down the sides of her face. A few moments later she arrived at the ER entrance, ditching her bike at the door, not caring if it got scratched. She placed her hands firmly on the reception desk, "W-where *huff* is *huff huff* Milo Murphy."

In a bored tone the receptionist droned. "Room 389, and here is your visitor's pass." She held it out without looking away from her desk.

"Thank you!" y/n ripped the pass from the receptionist's hand and ran to the elevator. She pressed the call button and waited for a few minutes before ditching the idea all together, making a mad dash for the stairs. Running as fast as possible while still being out of breath proved to be a great task, but she needed to make sure Milo was alright and didn't have the time to stop. y/n skid to a halt in front of room 389, hoping and praying Milo was going to be okay. She opened the door slowly, her stomach turning at every thought that came to mind, but she knew he wasn't dead, otherwise they would've taken him to the morgue. When she entered the room she saw Milo, an IV in one arm and a band around his opposite wrist. There was a pained expression on his face, even though he was unconscious. A large bruise could be seen forming on his forehead and his bottom lip was split. y/n cautiously made her way over to Milo and sat in the chair conveniently placed beside the hospital bed. After a few moments of sitting in silence y/n reached her hand forward, gently brushed her fingers through his hair, avoiding his bruise and playing with his signature cowlick.

She sighed, and sadly smiled at Milo's resting form. "What am I going to do with you, Murphy."

To be continued

(I hope you guys liked the chapter, I will write part two today and hopefully publish it tonight or tomorrow morning. ~ Numbuh7ofSectorV)