I. Naked and Scared

Madeline woke up in the woods completely naked and scared. She got up and strolled to the nearby road clutching her body. There were people everywhere staring at her and whispering amongst themselves. Suddenly there was a loud sound coming from a distance. This world was definitely very strange to her. Someone had called the cops, because it was strange to see a naked girl on the road like that. The police wrapped her in a blanket and took her to the police station. She held her book of spells tightly, although she was a witch, she still had a lot to learn.
    A detective came in to question her. She pressed her book against her chest and backed into a corner.

"Hey, hey, I'm not gonna hurt you." The detective said, raising both hands in the air. "See, I'm harmless," He crouched down close to her. She just stared at him. "What's your name?"

She didn't answer him.

"Okay, let me try it this way, umm...hi, I'm Freddie and you are?" He said, extending a hand to her.

She only pointed a finger at her chest, "Madeline." was all she said.

"Uhh... Okay, Madeline who?" He asked, wondering where her strange accent came from. She stared again.
"What's your father's name or your family name, whichever one you bear?" He said a little louder.

"Scintillia." She said almost in a whisper with that same accent.

"Scin....what? Can you please say that again?, probably, a little louder this time.

"Scintilla!" She said again, this time, she raised her voice.

"Okay, Madeline Sc...how do you spell that, with one L or two?" He looked at her and saw a blank expression on her face.
Uhh...you know what, never mind," He cleared his throat. "Who are your parents, do you have any family?"

Madeline shook her head.

"No?" He asked, trying to understand her. "Okay, what's your father's name?"

"No father." She said softly.

"Okay, and mother?"
She shook her head again.

"No father, no mother, what about siblings?"

"My parents are dead!" This time, she shouted.

"Okay, okay, it's okay, I'm sorry. Are you hungry?"
She just closed her eyes and let the tears in her eyes drop.
"I'll have someone bring you some food and some clean clothes, alright?" He said and left.

   After she'd worn some clothes and eaten, she saw them arguing about something outside, she tried to fight the urge to cast a listening spell anyway. She focused her eyes on them and listened intently on their conversation that her eye glowed bright green, then she could hear them loud and clear. She overheard them saying something about finding a family for her.
The door flew open and she shut her eyes quickly, hoping that it would become normal again by the time she opened it.

"Hey, Madeline, umm...I checked your name in our database and couldn't find a match anywhere, but all we could do was put your name out there incase someone was looking for you. You've been put in foster care. Tomorrow your new foster parents will come to pick you up. Is that ok with you?" He waited for a reply but was sorely dissapointed.

***
    Life in Madeline's foster home was impossible. There were at least seven different foster kids there, which including her made them eight. There was only one other girl apart from her and the rest were boys. Her name was Sharon Moone, she and Madeline were about the same  age. She helped Madeline through her first night there.

Madeline was having a problem figuring out the back of her outfit from the front.

Sharon chuckled.

"Here, let me help. You should turn it this way and wherever you see a tag, you turn it that way, inside." Sharon explained.

"Thank you, I usually don't wear this type of clothing." Madeline said.

"What do you mean this type of clothing?  What kind of clothes do you wear?" Sharon asked.

Madeline scoffed. "Never mind. What kind of fabric is this, it's so strong." Madeline asked.

"Fabric? What are you talking about?  Those are jeans, don't you know what jeans are?"

"Uhh..." Madeline was confused.

"You know you're acting weird, right? C'mon, we are gonna be late for school... and why do you talk like that?"

"Talk like what?"

"Like some medieval chick, straight out of game of thrones!" Sharon exclaimed.

"What is game of thrones?" 

"EXACTLY!!!"

Okay!  Chapter one is done!  If there's any confusion, they will be explained further as the book goes on.
I hope you like it. Because I write because of you readers. First person to vote or comment, gets a chapter dedication :)
Enjoy!