1

The clock ticked as I stared at nothingness as the ambience of the room swallowed me whole. Thoughts tainted my mind while I looked into a dark whole of nothing. I breathe in a deep sigh as I grow weary with the same old routine. Ever since graduation day, I've been doing the same old thing.

       I heard foot steps come towards me but I pay no attention whatsoever to it, just letting it past by me like the time. I felt a hand touch me causing me to snap out of my trans that I was in making me look at who touched me. I saw my older brother Jae stare at me with a look of disappointment. He also has grown weary of my actions lately and has been scolding me day by day.

       A sigh left my lips as I stand to my feet hanging my head low waiting for him to scold me but just too see that I await for him not doing anything. I heard him inhale a deep breath but silence swallowed my racing heart that beated from nervousness. Before I could even think, I felt two arms wrap around me bringing me into a warm embrace that put my heart at ease.

       "I'm sorry for scolding you alot lately it's just that I have been worried about you." He was being serious because the tone he used. "I know that he hurt you but you need to be good for you, not for anyone else." He spoke from the heart. I'm still trying to get over a horrible break up that messed me up bad. The guilt and sorrow ate me alive every moment of the day.

       After a while Jae broke away from the hug and walked towards the curtains to open them up. I watched as the suns deadly rays embraced the earth, glowing with an aurora of orange and yellow. "Oh, by the way I got a job for you. You have to pull yourself together before I get married and move away." He teased with a grin spread across his face. A smile crept on my face as a chuckle slipped out while I look away from him not wanting to admit he was right.

       "Im glad you still remember how to smile." It was the first time I smiled in weeks or months maybe. What sucks is that I can't even remember. "Thanks Jae...for being there for me." I weakly smiled staring at the ground beneath my feet. "Of course thats what awesome brothers are for!" He enthusiastically exclaimed throwing his fist in the air having his own praising moment. I giggled at his silliness and pushed him out my room.

       "Leave so I can get dressed so we can go." I pushed him towards the door. "Yeah, Yeah, I got it." He walked out of my room as I closed my door leaning against it sliding down it slowly. I sighed once again questioning what was in store today.

       I walked down the stairs torwards the living room where Jae was sitting after getting ready. He saw my presence and looked at me with a big smile. "This is the first time in months I've seen you dressed in something other than sweats." He said causing me to roll my eyes with annoyance. He smirked and we both left the house to our unspoken destination.

       We arrived to a tall building that towered over the rest of them. It had the the words "Just Music" written on the front of it in huge letters. We walked inside the building and towards the front desk with a pretty looking women who smiled at us. Her smile didn't look as sincere as it was supposed to be but I still weakly smiled back at her just to be nice.

       "Welcome back Jae." She spoke still keeping her smile nice and wide. She creeped me out with the way she eyed my brother like she would pounce any moment on the prey. I mentally threw up as my brother smirked at her with a wink to follow. Jae has a flirty personality and women take as if he likes them but he only has one person he cares about the most, Zoe , his girlfriend aka soon to be wife I should say. 

       Jae and I walked towards the elevator as he pressed the 5th floor button. It escalated upward as we rode up in silence. Soon enough the doors opened up to a dark hallway with water glistening on the walls with a reflection from the blue lights on the floor glowing, lightly showing you to your destination. Jae lead the way to a room with the name "swings" on it. Swings was Jaes boss and was a close man to our family, he was like our uncle you could say.

       Jae and Swing had thier conversation as I sat down on a chair and played on my phone for a while until Jae came towards me and bent down to begin whispering in my ear. "He is gonna make your dreams come true. I know how you had always wanted to be a musician so here is your chance. Don't fuck it up." He had a stern look I could tell he was being serious and sincere about it.

       My foot steps were slow as I walked towards swings. He is like an uncle to us but when it comes to business he doesn't play. His stare sent chills down my spine as I walked torwards the dark brown desk he sat at. "Hello Suhyun, nice to see you again." He spoke first sticking his hand out for me to shake. I hesitated but shook his hand bowing quickly letting go of his grip due to sweaty hands. "Nice to meet you too, sir." I finally spoke. "Have a seat." He summoned me to sit in the seat set infront of him.

"How would you like to join Just Music?" He asked in a serious tone. I swallowed my spit and spoke up. "I would be honored to join." He looked at me and chuckled. "Joining this company means hard work and takes blood, sweat, tears and devotion. Do you got what it takes?" I nodded my head before even thinking. "I have confidence that I have what it takes to be apart of the crew." I said confidently. After a long pause of silence of me mentally regretting being so confident he pushed a piece of paper infront of me.

This was it, all that I've been dreaming for, its finally coming true. If I don't sign this contract I'll never get another chance like this. My heart raced as my hands trembled as I grabbed the pen. After a while of debating with the many thoughts before I signed my name in fine print on the paper. Before I could react swings grabbed the paper and stuck out his hand. "Welcome to Just Music."