Part 68-

Cheryl's P.O.V:

I woke up with the worst headache ever. I rolled over and was blinded with the light that was coming through the gap in the curtains.

I could feel the warmth of another person laid next to me. Then I remembered, I brought someone back with me last night.

I didn't even know his name. What have I done?

"Ohh fuck!" I said slightly louder than I expected.

"What's up babe?" the man said in a deep sleepy voice as he rolled over to face me.

"I'm not your babe! Who even are you?" Deep down, I already knew the answer to that.

"You didn't mind me last night" he sneered. "I'm Max, and can I just say you're one of the best I've ever had"

"Ugh I can't even bare to look at you, get out!" I demanded.

"I wish you were still drunk, I could really do with round 2 right now" Max said stroking his fingers up and down my spine.

I'd faced away from him because I couldn't bare the thought of how low I actually sunk last night.

"Don't you dare. I want you out of this house within the next 5 minutes. I don't ever want to see your face again!"

"Yeah right. You'll probably be grovelling around me the next time you're out getting pissed."

"I wouldn't even think about it! You're poison, you're only here because you wanted to have sex with me" I shouted at him.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Max asked.

"Because.."

"That's not a very good reason. I came here last night. Fulfilled your needs and this is how you treat me the next morning." he said.

"Just stop already"

"There's one more thing I need to say. Erm last night..we didn't use protection." he said.

"It's fine. I'm on the pill."

"Phew. I was a bit worried about that"

I'd actually lied. I wasn't on the pill. I hadn't taken it for ages. Great. I'm probably pregnant with this dickhead's child. I really don't want anymore children if I'm honest.

"Don't worry, that's all covered" I lied.

"So, do I get any breakfast" he asked.

"Just go, there's no need for you to be here still"

"Who's this?" he asked as he picked up a photo of me holding Alesha when she had just been born. It was in a beautiful photo frame and I kept it next to my bed as it was my favourite photo of us.

"My daught-" I cut off.

"Daughter?" he replied.

"Ohh shit!" I shouted.

"What?" he asked me several times before I replied.

"I was meant to pick her up from her dad's yesterday afternoon but I went out and got smashed out of my head instead"

"Well go and pick her up then"

"You need to leave" I demanded as I shoved him towards the bedroom door and down the stairs. He was just about covered but I didn't care. I needed to get dressed and go and collect my daughter.

He left and finished getting dressed as he made his way down the path.

I text Danny and told him I'd be on my way to get Alesha by 11 o'clock.

He didn't reply. Maybe they were busy. I need to think of an excuse.

Maybe I should just tell him the truth...

Danny's P.O.V:

"Cheryl just text me. She wants to pick Alesha up at 11." I said to Natalie who was feeding her.

"Finally. She's only a whole

Day late" Natalie said, she seemed relieved.

"Better late then never. It's been a pleasure to look after her though hasn't it?" I asked; not to sure what Natalie would say.

"Yeah I suppose, to be honest Danny I can't exactly see the resemblance between you two. She doesn't really look like you." Natalie said.

I thought about it for a while. What was she trying to say?

"Really?" I questioned.

I'd noticed Natalie had been acting a little strange all morning. She hadn't really connected with Jack this morning and she would just sit and stare at Alesha for long periods of time.

I wanted to ask how she was feeling or what was the matter but I didn't want to upset her. She knows she can talk to me whenever she wants so I suppose I'll just have to wait for her to say something.

I don't want any more trouble. And with her being a pregnant woman: she doesn't need the stress right now.

"No, I can't see any similarities between you and Alesha at all. All I see is Cheryl"

Natalie fed Alesha and put her down to sleep. She went upstairs and sat in the middle of her bed.

Danny stayed downstairs and watched Jack.

Natalie's P.O.V:

I wasn't quite sure what I was doing.

I knew it would be risky.

I didn't know how Danny would react but it has to be done.

It's not too late to go back but I can't: it's something that I need to do in order to keep my mind at rest.

When your a mother: you're motherly instincts take over. They have you doing all kinds of crazy stuff.

To me, this wasn't crazy. It was right.

I took out the small white envelope which I had hidden in my underwear draw and opened it up.

Perfect. Just the thing to help.