Singapore

I snuck quietly into the small house and looked around. Barbossa ordered me to find Sao Feng's charts to save Jack. All I could think about was saving Bootstrap Bill Turner, Will's father. We need the Pearl to save him. There was so much in that little shop that I had no idea where I was going to find it. I started rummaging through the place, looking for the map. I found one map sitting on the table. I move towards it and reach my hand out to it. A hand grabbed my arm and twisted it painfully. Before I knew it, I had a sword at my throat.

"Who are you?" The man gritted into my ear. I don't answer, trying not to give away my position. His grip got tighter with every moment I hesitated.

"Who are you?" He repeated.

"I do not answer to anyone!" I say, spitting back into his face. I heard a growl and suddenly, I was blacked out.

~*~*~

I woke up as they tied my arms to a large wooden pole.

"You will speak, or face the main master." The one who captured me said. I kept quiet but he shoved me into a bath of hot water. The water stung my eyes as I shut them. My clothes sticking to my body. I don't know how long I have been down there, but I was losing air, fast. Finally, after what seemed like hours, the man pulled me up from the water and I breathed a huge gasp of air.

"This is the thief. Is her face familiar to you?" I heard a voice ask. My vision started to come back and I spotted Will and Barbossa. The sight of Will, made me feel a little better. They both shook their heads no. Sao Feng pulled out a knife.

"Then I guess she has no further need for it." I braced myself, but something made him stop.

"Don't you dare." Will said.

"So, you come into my city, and betray my hospitality." Sao Feng says, obviously upset.

"Sao Feng, I assure you, I had no idea..." Barbossa started.

"That she would get caught?!? You intend to attempt a voyage to Davy Jones' locker. When I cannot help but wonder, why?" Barbossa tosses a coin, which I think is the piece of eight, and Sao Feng's face changes as he holds it up to his ear.

"The song has been sung. The time is upon us. We must convene the Brethren Court. As one of the nine pirate lords you must honor the call." Barbossa's says.

"More steam." Sao Feng says to a woman beside him. She pulls a lever, but nothing happens.

"More steam!" He yells again. She hesitates but pulls the lever again.

"There's a price on all our heads, it is true. Since it seems that the only way a pirate can turn a profit anymore is by betraying other pirates..." Sao Feng starts looking back at me. My eyes narrow into a glare.

"The first Brethren Court gave us rule of the seas. That rule has been challenged by Lord Cutler Beckett." Barbossa says.

"Against the East India Trading Company, what value is the Brethren Court? What can any of us do?"

"You can fight! You are Sao Feng, the pirate lord of Singapore! Would you have that era come to an end on your watch? The most notorious pirates from around the world are uniting against our enemy, and yet you sit here, cowering in your bath water!" I suddenly blurt out. Sao Feng walks over to me.

"Carina Sparrow," He starts.

"Turner." I mutter, but he didn't seem to notice.

"There's more to you than meets the eye, isn't there? And the eye does not go wanting. But I cannot help but notice. You have failed to answer my question. What is it you seek in Davy Jones' locker?" Sao Feng said to Barbossa, angrily.