The First.

You were the first, my first. 

Not my first kiss or my first love. Just my first boyfriend. We were young when it first started. You used to go to my school. We talked, then we dated. Oh my, I was so happy. Those four months, they were the first time I ever felt truly wanted, yknow? We talked all the time, even when my friends were around. I really did think I knew what love was then, aha. I was 12! How could I be that young and be in love? I couldn't. You made me feel special, and after you left, I felt that I wasn't anymore. Years later, I finally realized that I am and that how you didn't love me doesn't define if I'm special. Your brother dated my friend while we were dating, everything was amazing. But then, he would come to visit her, and you wouldn't. Made me feel unwanted, and like you didn't want me. Of course now I know you didn't (but here's a tip, you should have I grew up and I'm stunning now). I don't think about you anymore, I barely even did right after we broke up. 

I didn't exactly think you were the one. I don't know why I dated you, but you made me happy back then and I guess that counts for something. You used to read a lot, so so many books. Hundreds. But you stopped after, which meant you changed, and I didn't want you to change. I liked you the way you were after all. But, you changed and I didn't care. I just knew that I still liked who you were. I loved you. 

We dated only four months, but it seemed like forever to me. It was my first relationship. You were the first to want me like that (that I know of). We talked all the time, texted more often than that. But you never did come to visit, I know it wasn't the closest place around but your brother came, and you never did. 

The day we broke up was a normal one, I had just moved to a new house that month. You called me on my phone and I answered happily. You broke up with me right then. I started to cry but I stopped, I didn't need to. We hung up, and never talked again until a year later. 

Goodbye, Ed.

Sincerely, 

achelois