4 - dying

[taehyung pov]

beep. beep. beep.

the sound of the most annoying thing rang in my head. my phone alarm, followed by the many screams of my little brother and sister coming from downstairs. i sat up, ruffling my brown hair and slowly began to put my slippers on. it's already been three weeks since this whole 'second life' thing occurred, and i'm sick of it.

at first i thought it was going to be pretty fun, but now my perspective changed. i had to begin this second life in the middle being 21 years old, and not as an infant.

i took another look at my phone, it read '7:40am, may 26 tuesday'. yikes, i had 20 minutes until i had to go to school, specifically college.

i got up, and took a look in the mirror. why was it that my hair was so messy but once i fixed it with my hands it started to look normal?

taehyung, stop looking down on yourself. you're granted a new life.

i was going to change into my uniform, and once i was lifting up my shirt, i heard a poof behind me.

"oh my gOD." i screamed, almost getting a heart attack. it was just that twisted angel, saphi.

"school?" she asked me. i let out a tsk sound from my mouth and ignored her, then she teleported in front of me.

"you're really enjoying this aren't you?" she asked me. what did that even mean?

"saphi, can you please get out of my room!" i screamed, until i realized my seven year old sister peeked in my room.

"taetaeee!!!" she screamed, and she grabbed me by the waist. aish! can she not right now!?

"rian, please get out. oppa is changing!" i then pushed her out of the door, and immediately locked it afterwards. i loved my younger siblings in this life, but sometimes they annoyed the hell out of me. she always had a tendency to just come in in the morning sometimes to wake me up, but today's not the day.

i looked towards the mirror and i saw saphi within it. i groaned and grabbed a blanket, trying to cover it so i didn't have to see her face.

"you know, you still have the task to do right?" she asked me. oh that stupid thing? i don't even have the time for that.

"no matter how much you'll bug me i won't do it. it's stupid." i mumbled, and finally put on my school blazer. she wouldn't leave. i swear to god.

"you better hurry or god might change the rules." she mentioned. what...?

then what was saphi?

"i'm just your guardian angel for the meantime. no one else will see me except you. this city is a small place, so expect me to be by your side reminding you every now and then. and i'm warning you this time. the clock is ticking. you think you have forever but you don't. just know."

she then snapped her fingers which brought me relief to my heart.

'the clock is ticking' my butt. she's probably telling me that to scare me.

i groaned, and glanced at my phone. now it's 7:51am and school was a few blocks from here. i haven't even eaten breakfast. whatever, i'll just eat food at school.

i quickly put on my school pants, and speedily tied my shoes. i then grabbed my phone and slid my backpack onto my shoulders.

once i opened the door, i was greeted by my hurt little sister who i pushed out of my room.

"oh my goodness, really rian? you know you aren't supposed to come in my room when i never asked. please don't cry..." i mumbled, but her face was already breaking into tears.