chapter 00 ; the prologue

➸chapter zero ; the prologue

✶ A b i g a i l ✶

     "I know I shouldn't tell you, but I just can't stop thinking of you. I think I love you."

I knew this was going to eventually happen. How can it not? After all it's been the plot of a million cliche books and movies. Best friends forever, yea right. Sooner or later one of them would no longer want that tittle, one of them would want to be more. That person was Luke Hemmings right at the moment.

"Luke, you have no idea what you are saying right now.I didn't know what else to say. 

I couldn't look at him straight in eyes right now. The piercing blue eyes I would never get tired of staring at.  Instead I looked at the ground and started counting the number of ladybugs on the grass. One, two, three, four ladybugs. They are probably fighting over the crumbs left after the unexpected picnic me and Luke decided to have today. 

"Abby, I am pretty sure I know what the hell I am talking about. I am confessing my crush on you. The girl I would always stare at the playground but never talk to because I was too shy. The girl that made me so happy the day I got chosen to be partners with for a project in middle school. The girl I finally managed to make laugh at the football game on sophomore year. The girl who gave me her number just a few hours later which made us the closest friends ever. The greatest friend I have ever had is you. I like you a lot.Luke said a bit too quick.

He looked down at me, and for the minute our eyes met I felt it.

That was when I knew I had to go.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Eight Months Before.

"Get out of the house. Make friends. Just have some fun." My dad pleaded. I turned around from the computer screen to look at him. 

"Who says i'm not having fun?" I said with a smile. I just started sophomore year and my Dad is worried I am not spending enough time out of the house, like normal teens would. My day usually goes from my bed to school, back home to eat, to my bed with my laptop or phone. While my older brother seems as if he didn't live here since he is always out. 

"You know what I mean Abigail. What about you invite some of your friends and I'll order you guys some pizza." He sighed coming over and closing my laptop. At that moment my one and only sibling Jacob comes in. "Hey Jacob where you goi-" 

"Did you take my wallet?" Jacob ignores my dad and looks at me with evil eyes. He crosses his arms impatiently and starts looking around my room. 

"Why would I take it? All you have in there are your condoms." I said glaring at him. 

"Jacob?" My dad turns to look at him. 

"Oh I think I found it." Jacob coughed as he left the room.

"Where are you going?" My dad asks behind him. As they both left my room I opened up my laptop and continued scrolling down my tumblr. 

"I am just going to the school football game!" I heard my brother yell from downstairs. I laughed knowing I caused him some trouble with my dad. Jacob is 17 years old, just a bit more than a year older than me. I swear he goes to parties every chance he gets and you know, hooks up with girls here and there. Even though he is a bit on the popular side at school, he actually is really smart. All honors and hoping to get into college early. How he does it? The world may never know.