chapter 07 ; banding

➸chapter seven ; banding

✶ L u k e ✶

Thank god I thought as the bell rang. "Michael I need to talk to you." I said as we walked to our last class for the day. "Yes?" He said innocently.

"Why the hell did you do this? Oh god this is the worst thing you have ever done to me!" I tried not to scream. He gave an annoyed look.

"Calm yourself. We always talked about this, starting our own band. And now that it's happening you are opposing to it?"

"But why Ashton?"

"You only dislike him because of Abigail.You don't even know the kid. They are coming over at our place to practice. Okay?"

"Technically its my place and I didnt agree to this."

"Technically Michael doesnt give a shit."

~~~~~

It was around 7:30 when Ashton and Calum showed up at our place. "Wow this place is huge!" Said Calum walking in.

"Not really." Said Michael leading them to the kitchen. "Want some snacks? Make yourself at home."

They all started grabbing bags of chips and soda cans, stuffing their face just as Michael usually does.

"Ashton your car is unlocked right? So I can starting setting up the drum set in the garage." I sighed.

"Yea." He set the soda can down. "Let me go help you."

Great.

I walked outside not really waiting for him. Ashton brought a beat up van so his drum set would actually fit. Unlike the car he usually drives to school which is pretty small.

I opened the trunk and I didn't expect to see the most beautiful set of drums I have ever seen. "Wow." I said which came out more like a whisper.

"I know right?" I didn't notice Ashton was behind me. "Took me forever to be able to buy this. It was either the drum set or a car. As you can see my car came from the dump."

I was very careful picking up pieces of the drum set. "Luke you don't really like me do you?" He said looking at me.

"Where did you get from?" I said not really knowing what to say. I just focused on the drums.

"I feel your glares dumb ass." He laughed.

"Sorry." I muttered under my breath.

"Did I ever do anything to you?" Ashton is pretty straight forward. Maybe that's what Aby sees in him. Or maybe she likes how he always tries to be on everyones good side. Or how he doesn't take things seriously. I realized right there I was being quite an asshole to him, when he did nothing wrong.

"Aby." I whispered knowing he deserved to know. "I get really jealous and I always hated you for that." Ashton just kept looking at me and nodding as if he understood.

"But not anymore." I quickly added.

"You don't like Abigail anymore or you don't hate me anymore?" He giggled.

"Both." I half lied. Just because I was becoming friends with Ashton didn't mean I was going to give up on Aby.

"Great, now let's get this beauty inside." He smiled talking about the drum set.

~~~~~

After setting up the drum set, we headed back inside. But Michael and Calum weren't in the kitchen.

"They are probably back up in the attic." I told him heading up the stairs. Sure enough we could hear yelling.

"Your house is so big." Ashton said.