Chapter 1 • It all begins somewhere

"Mae, calm down. I'm sure it was nothing." Angus tried to calm down the over-excited kitty. Maes red eyes seemed to pop out of her head as she kept running back and fourth. "I can't calm down, Angus. Bea's gonna be here in any minute!" Mae was squealing. Angus grumbled and shook his head. "C'mon Gregg...get Bea in here, Mae's driving me crazy!" Angus thought to himself. Like a miracle, Angus and Gregg's apartment door swung open. There, in the doorway, stood a excited Gregg with a unenthusatic Bea. Mae looked at Bea. Bea looked back at Mae. "OH MY GOD!" Mae squealed. The kitty ran up to her friend and gave her a huge hug. "Gah, Mae, get off of me." Bea grumbled. "Never." Mae said, holding onto Bea tighter. Gregg and Angus chuckled. "We missed you, Bea." Angus said. Bea half-smiled. "Sure ya did." Bea said, rolling her eyes dramatically. "Not as much as Mae, though." Gregg laughed. Mae glared at Gregg. Angus silently chuckled. Bea looked at the red-eyed cat. "If you did miss me, then let go of me, please." Bea said. Mae snickered. "Make me." Mae taunted. Bea laughed. That laughter was music to Maes ears. Maes ears twitched a bit. "Alright, grumpy cat. You asked for it." Bea giggled. "I'm not a grumpy cat." Mae pouted, climbing off Bea. "Yes you are." Bea laughed.

~~~~

The gang had gone to get some pizza in celebration of Beas arrival. "I want the first slice." Mae announced. "Why?" Bea asked. "Because...I like pizza." Mae said, grabbing the first slice. Everyone else laughed. Mae looked at them, her mouth full of pizza. "Whatsh?" Mae asked, pizza coming out of her mouth. "Mae, that's gross, don't do that." Bea snickered. Mae swallowed. "Sorry." Mae said, crossing her arms. Mae then got up from the chair. "I need to talk to Bea in private." Mae said.