Chapter 3

author's pov

Haneul didn't give up and went to stand in Chittaphon's way. He had never seen a girl so shameless like her he actually let out a scoff.

"What do you want?" his voice came out icy and cold. Haneul was contemplating whether she should continue but hey its worth it if he accepts her.

"Let me join the dance club please? You've seen my skills." she pleaded once more, but her mind started to branch out on the reasons why he wouldn't accept her.

"Am I not good enough? Oh come on." Haneul turned and remembered that Jaehyun was close to Chittaphon so she eagerly pushed him in front.

"Jaehyun ah, you're close with him right? Talk to him about it will you?" Jaehyun was pretty flustered and had no idea what to do.

Chittaphon cursed under his breath as he noticed the amount of attention on them. He quickly grabbed Jaehyun and stormed out of the school with Haneul stalking behind before any rumors could spread.

He was after all the student body president.

"I have no idea whats going on." Jaehyun murmurred.

Chittaphon let out a sigh as he stared at Haneul, an idea popping in his mind. He suddenly stepped forward, closing the distance between the two.

"Woah hold up thai ass-" Haneul widened her eyes before dragging on. "-assian dancer yeah." letting out a laugh, she met his gaze. He wasn't very tall, almost her height actually.

"Y'know what, if you're so desperate, come to the masquerade party tomorrow." Chittaphon offered yet again with another wink.

"Wow I feel hurt, even you didn't invite me to the party." Jaehyun blurted by the sidelines, disrupting the vibe between the two.

Chittaphon let out a chuckle before he hooked his arm around the taller one and dragged him away.

Haneul on the other hand scoffed in disbelief.

"Did he just go from ice cold asshole to flirtatious asshole?" she queried to the thin air, finding Chittaphon just ridiculous.

"And he didn't even gave me details on the party!"

-

"No wonder she left so fast." Chittaphon let out a pathetic chuckle as he eyed Yuki and some other guy making out on the street just a few blocks away from their school.

"Ten you broke up with Yuki?" Jaehyun whispered hysterically, widening his eyes in shock.

"She saw me dancing with Haneul and said that we couldn't work out and then she left." Ten blurted, eyes still on the two. His heart ached a little.

Just a little.

"Well look on the bright side bro, it would be better for her to leave now than to like cheat on you further right?" Jaehyun smiled and patted the former on the back.

He bobbed his head in agreement as he turned back, not wanting the two imbeciles to pollute his sight any further.

-

Opening the door, Haneul threw her bag on the table and collapsed on the mattress, groaning. "What a fucking day." she mumbled with her face in the cushion.

Her phone let out a loud sound, notifying that she had a message and Haneul immediately got up to look at it.

+82 50 5353 9889 has
requested to chat
| X

+82 50 5353 9889 :
Hey haneul do you have
the details for the
masquerade party?

hanyumyum :
Who r u

+82 50 5353 9889 :
Jaehyun here :)

hanyumyum :
How'd u get my
number tho

+82 50 5353 9889 :
From the class's chat
group?

You renamed +82 50 5353 9889
to 'Jung Jaehyun'

hanyumyum :
Oh right lols. Well do
you have the details on
the party?

Jung Jaehyun :
Yeap. Its tomorrow
7pm at the lasel
mansion, dress code is
anything with a mask.

hanyumyum :
Alright thanks
jaehyun, u gonna come
too?

Jung Jaehyun :
Yeap, keep your eyes
peeled for me!

Haneul let out a chuckle as she acknowledged how hard Jaehyun tries to befriend her. Well, he isn't so bad and to be honest, he's pretty cute...with those dimples.

hanyumyum :
no u shud keep YOUR
eyes peeled for me
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

She cringed at herself tryna drag in some dark humor, but hey, this is how friendship starts right?

Jung Jaehyun :
Ew no.

The female facepalmed herself before bursting into laughter, finding it amusing how they act like they've been friends for years.