Don't Justify Your Reasons

That night, Tom barely slept. His mind was trapped like a bird in a cage.

Edd had seemed so close to him. . .

So close.

He wanted to be closer. So much closer. He loved the feeling of Edd's soft grip, the way the short male's face had pressed into the bottom of his ribcage, tenderly.

It was so perfect.

Tom loved it.

He shifted in his bed a bit and went back to thinking, this time about Matt.

The way the ginger had looked at him every time he seemed upset. There was worry and affection in Matt's heterochromiac gaze, and it was nerve-wracking for him to think about. Matt was a bit taller; about 5 inches. Tom felt small compared to him. Of course, he was only 6'1", which made Matt 6'6" and Edd fell lower at 5'4". Tord had been the smallest of them, 5'2".

Tom growled at the thought of the commie.

He hated him.

Hated him.

Hated.

Hate was a strong word, it was so strong. So very strong, and Tom couldn't help but bark it out in anger.

"Hate! I hate him! I. . ."

He hushed himself as two silhouettes
danced across his doorway, filtered now by a dim light.

Edd and Matt.

Had he woken them?

The two made their way over and Tom sat up, flicking on the lamp. Edd was the first to notice the Smirnoff bottles.

"Tom, you need to-"

"No, Edd, no. Don't say that. I'm fine. Those are old."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I promise."

Matt blinked at the two and then sat on Tom's bed. He curled in beside the British man and glanced at him, wondering silently if it was okay.

Tom seemed to read his mind through his eyes and gave a brief nod before looking at Edd, welcoming him as well.

The smaller male beamed and crawled in as well, pressed between the two taller men. Within moments, he was warm and settled, sound asleep.

Matt perched up on an elbow. "Thanks for letting us stay, Tom. We were worried sick about you."

"Really? Well, thanks to you too then. It's not every day I'm worried over."

"It's no problem, Tom. Sleep well."

Tom chuckled and wrapped an arm over Edd, reaching towards Matt, who obliged and did the same, linking the three together.

"Goodnight, Matt."

"Goodnight, Tom."

"Goodnight, Edd." The smaller male mumbled playfully, half-asleep. "Go to bed already, you two, stop flirting without me."

"Haha, okay," Tom snorted. He settled down again.

The hate in his veins had rushed out.

Replacement?

Love.