Prologue

Prologue

----------------------------------

She sang beautifully as she walked through the alleyway and a couple of thugs followed behind, stealthily. She looked innocent, lost and scared out of her own skin and sang to comfort herself. The song was soothing and more beautiful than any ever heard, as though it was an enchantment. She picked up the pace as she felt herself being followed but there was no bump or shudder in the tone and tempo of her voice. It all remained magical, as though she was completely calm and still.

She reached the end of the alleyway where she realized there was a wall in front of her. She turned, physically becoming overtaken by fear. 

"Hey pretty lady, aren't you on the wrong side of town," one of them asked.

"No! Please! Just let me go my way," she pleaded.

"My, my, what an impression you have of us," another guy said as they came closer to her, "We just want to play," he stated as they continued walking towards her.

"No! Please! I don't want to hurt you," she pleaded more like a warning. The guys just gave a hearty laughter.

"Hurt us," the first guy wondered, "ma'am, you're just going to please us," he stated as he picked up his pace, "Enough chatting miss," he said as he closed in.

The girl's singing tone went very high and they watched her, unperturbed in their resolve. They came closer and closer but then began to suffocate, as they gasped for air. They kept on wheezing as they fell to their knees, then to the ground, till they were lifeless.

"Well she did warn you," a girl who looked exactly like her said, in a meaner and more confident tone.

"You didn't have to kill them," the first girl pointed out. 

"I know," the second one admitted, "But I did because that was more fun, so let's get out of here before we get into trouble".

---------------------------------------

Several shadowy figures flashed through the nearby forests, some clearly in pursuit of others. One group, full of red iris people, sped on in an attempt to shake of the blue/gold and other varied iris pursuers. The red eyes seemed to be getting distance from their pursuers but the tables turned as their pursuers became more serious and began to greatly pickup their speed. Several arrows were shot at the red irises as they exploded in bright flashes which blinded and incapacitated the red irises. A young teenage boy jumped in with what looked like a sword and hacked off their heads, using the advantage of the bright light.

The lights dimmed down before he could complete his goal and some managed to get away. As he drove his huge blade into one's heart, another one jumped towards him and he turned and threw a Chinese dagger which detonated after piercing the foe's skull. He felt another flash behind him and as he turned he saw the enemy had already been taken down by the flashy varied irises. The turned again to attack one he felt coming at him but that foe was also stopped by an arrow that appeared from the bushes.

------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a small tent in the back of one of the buildings close to the thicket. Two little boys played in it that night, remaking the scenery of a true outdoor camping trip with real campfire and even roast beef. One of the boys, very young, probably 9 or 10, came out to retrieve the meat when he heard a low growl in the surrounding thicket.

"Pax, I think there's something in the bushes," he called out.

"Don't worry Drew. It's probably just the wind," his brother assured from inside the tent.