💧Why'd you have to go?💧

JEAN'S POV

As the flashback ends, she smile and nod.

"But what about during the battle we had back at Trost? When you and Marco talk  while you refill your gears?" (Y/n) ask.

"Well..."

~Flashback~

•During the Battle of Trost•

While we refill some gas, Marco starts talking.

"Jean, will you do me a favor and keep your promise?" Marco ask.

"Yeah, sure anything." I answer.

"If anything happens to me, you have to promise you'll take care of (Y/n) for me."

"Marco-"

"Jean please." Marco interrupt. "I know you can't replace me but please... just take care of her. Give her a lot of love and comfort for me. Just give her some time. I love her and you have to protect her for me. She means well and so do you.You two have to fight for me. Please. Just please, take care of her for me. Promise me that. Please." Marco beg me.

I was confused at first but I know (Y/n) means a lot to him. I sigh in defeat.

"Alright, I promise."

"Thank you Jean."

~Flashback ends~

"I made a promise to Marco." I answered.

"What kind of promise?" She ask.

"I promise him that I will always be here to protect you."

"What? I made the same promise to him as well."

~Flashback~

"(Y/n), please do a favor for me and you have to keep your word please." Marco said, holding onto my hands so tightly.

"Okay, what is it?"

"If anything happens to me, you have to stay strong for me, baby please. And take good care of Jean for me. Be there for each other in good and bad times. Fight for me. For humanity. Please. I love you so much."

I was about to open my mouth to argue but I can't think of any words.

"Fine, I-I promise. I love you too."

He give me a peck on the lips then pulls me into a hug tightly and I hug back.

~Flashback ends~

YOUR POV

"I promise to him that I should take care of you too." I started to cry.

"But... but after I-I s-saw... I t-thought I l-l-lost a lot of h-hope." I choke on my words.

~Flashback~

"Marco! Marco!" I scream.

I can't find him anywhere. I saw a figure standing in front of me. I figured it's Jean. I walk towards him.

"Jean!" I tug on his jacket. He looks at the other side, looking petrified.

"What's wr-" before I finish my sentence, I saw him.

Half of his face was gone up to his torso. I can't believe what I just saw.

"Marco..." I whispered.

Suddenly I was pulled into a hug in the hands of Jean. Not wanting me to take another glance at him.

"Shh... (Y/n), don't." He hold onto me so tightly.

I sobbed silently.

Later in the evening...

The other cadets are preparing to burn the deceased bodies, including Marcos.

I stood behind Jean. I'm covering my mouth, trying my best not to be too loud. Jean heard me crying.

Later I walk towards to the darkest corner and curled myself into a ball, hugging my legs.

Jean later approaches me and he pick me up bridal style, taking me to the lake. I hold onto his jacket tightly.

Once we reach the lake, he puts me down but I landed on my knees. My breathing became so heavy, like I forgot how to breathe.

Jean hugs me and pulls me to sit on his lap, rocks back and forth like a little girl.

Then all of the sudden...

I let out a scream.

~Flashback ends~

'Marco...
Why'd you have to go?'