Dealing with the Devil 4-8-12

Fanning

What is this about selling one's soul for fans? Why have I clicked on so many people's profiles to find out they have 300 fans and no fucking works? How does that even happen? Why are you here? Oh, you read? That's cool. Are you that much of a whore?

Readers

Why does it bother me so much when someone tells me they're a reader and I get all excited and ask what they read and they list off a bunch of young adult novels? Like, sure, I read Shakespeare and Nietsche and Wilde. I don't think I'm better than anyone unless they prove I am. I can appreciate this new generation of authors even though I don't read them myself. I just feel like more and more authors are using writing as a marketing tactic to be famous or make money. That's why there's so much fluff. People like it, so there's four hundred versions of it. So I'm more of an anachronist in that sense and every "reader" I talk to makes me more and more that way. Especially when people say the classics are "boring" or, my favorite, "gay". 

Voting

I almost feel bad when someone votes me and I appreciate it enough to look at their profile, only to find out their work is shyte and I wouldn't have looked at it a second time if it hadn't been for the person. My instinct is to be nice and return the favor, but kindness is not the point here and I'd like to keep my integrity. 

 Wattpad

I'm finding the layout of this site to be more agitating as days go by. It recommends people who have read stories I have read? Why would that matter? And why are these people recommended? It should be an "Other Users" section. Any of the worthwile people I have found I've found on my own. Not to mention the people on it. And they mislabel their stories! Like they just label it everything they can so everyone sees it everywhere. Just ugh.