-Chapter 16: Be My Guest (Doesn't mean you can sleep on my bed)-

A year had passed again in the Real World, and Alice had grown a year older. Yet, she was still as beautiful as ever and attracted a number of boy's attention.

For instance, this morning, when Alice was walking to school, boys passing by stopped and stared at her in awe, or whispered to each other.

"Who's that beauty?"

"Alice Wonders, you idiot!"

Older men gardening in their front porches also gave her attention, giving her glances and flashing her smiles. One young boy even showered her with newly fresh-picked flowers.

Alice was truly a beautiful girl for her age. A young fifteen year old girl with the most amazing blond hair and blue eyes, isn't that satisfying?

Alice Liddell wasn't bad for herself. Her hair had grown longer over the years, those emerald green eyes gave a sparkly flash. Her small button nose and thin pink lips fitted her slender features perfectly.

Yet, Liddell didn't get as much attention as Wonders did.

And this got her mad all over again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hatter panicked.

In a moment, Alice may pop out from nowhere and he needed good impression.

"Table, check. Chairs, check. Mantelpiece, check. Fireplace, check. Tea... oh yes, I almost forgot..."

He hurried to the kitchen. In their last encounter, Alice wished to take a tour around the house of his, and Hatter did not object. She was his friend! When he fell asleep and began to dream, he dreamt of his house. So much for fulfilling his friend's desires.

'Or more than a friend,' he thought, chuckling to himself.

At the time he set the tea ware on the coffee table, Alice appeared, sitting in the sofa.

"Is that for me?" she asked, pointing at the hot tea.

"Of course," smiled Hatter. "Be my guest."

Alice took a cup and drank it, and so did Hatter. Alice put down the cup and looked around.

"Grander than I expected," she murmured. "It's nice."

"You like it?"

"Oh yes, I really do. Makes me think of home. Yes, very much like home."

Hatter held out his hand, and asked, "Would you like a tour upstairs?"

"Okay," she replied, flashing her warmest smile and accepted his hand.

Hatter led her upstairs, showing her the rooms and the wonderful architecture. Finally, he took her to his room.

"Here," he said softly and Alice gasped, it was huge.

Much bigger than the other rooms, Hatter's room was considered grander than any of them. A large four poster bed sat at the left side of the room, dressing table on the other, along with a large mirror with a golden frame. There were curtains at the far end, leading to the balcony outside.

"It was originally my parents' room," he said. "Before they were gone."

"It's so nice, and comfortable, and much larger than mine," she gawked at the gold hanger by the door.

"It's only painted," shrugged Hatter. "Not real gold, Alice."

"But this room is fit for a king!" she cried.