Chapter One: All Alone

=-= No one's POV =-=

Deep in the lonely woods lived a teenage girl with scruffy, dirty blonde hair, her skin was pale and bruised, cuts and scratches all over her. Her eyes were a beautiful light blue colour which would instantly remind you of sparkling magic power, pure power. It was frightening that's why she was left all alone, no one to care for her let alone about her.
A quiet yawn escaped her mouth as she woke up, the sun was rising, with no shelter above her. The blonde had nothing to say, no one to talk to. She looked around, the trees were burnt along with the grass, memories came flooding through her mind of how everything started..
"Angela, come here, come here!~"  A tall, blonde haired woman called out to a small young girl which appeared to be her daughter.
A light skinned man stood beside the woman, smiling warmly at the little girl while his arm were gently draped around the woman.
Loud yells started to approach the area where the family was, playing deep in the woods. The expression of the child's mother changed completely, she looked afraid, her husband protective as he scooped up the small kid in his arms.
Tons of strangers with pitchforks and flaming torches ran towards them, especially the mother. "WITCH! WITCH!!" They screamed as they raised their weapons "BURN HER!!" They continued.
Her mother Vallerie Ziegler began to back away "N-No.." She croaked.
"YOU WITCH!! GRAB HER!!" A man in the mob demanded, so the rest obeyed. They knocked Vallerie to the floor.
"STOP THIS!!" Her husband cried after hiding his precious baby girl, Angela Ziegler.

=-= Angela's POV =-=
I wiped the tears falling from my cheeks from remembering my parents deaths as I began to move, before I knew it they could come after me too and if that happens my mother and father's death would be in vein.
I walked and walked for hours on end until I collapsed on the ground from my poor lower body strength.
My eyes scanned the area around me, in the distance was the sound of grass being stomped on, it wasn't small like an animal either. It was like a person. Fright suddenly hit me as I attempted to lift myself from the ground only to collapse again.
The footsteps seemed as if they were coming closer, faster. Soon I could make out a tall, dark figure drawing nearer until I could see every little detail of his face and clothed body. I blushed a little, he was incredibly handsome.
"You alright?" He asked as he furrowed his eyebrows and stretched out his hand towards me, I flinched and looked away thinking he was going to hit me.
"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you.." The man said in a gentle voice.
I slowly looked back over at the man, partly afraid "R-Really..?" I asked him in my soft Swiss accent. My voice was scratchy.. I hadn't spoke for such a long time. The words hurt my throat.
"Of course not, who would hurt such a cute little angel?" He smirked as he bent down and scooped me up in his arms.
My cheeks began to flood with blush, although I stayed silent.
He let out a little chuckle and held me a little closer "I'll take good care of you." He comforted me as he smiled, walking with me in his muscular, well-built arms.
I still couldn't manage to say anything, I had never had a conversation, I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say.. Should I say something?
He must have noticed my pondering because without even looking at me he sighed "What's wrong?" He asked.
I tried to respond to his question but no words came out.
"Shy type, eh?" He laughed quietly "So then.. what's your name?"
"A-Angela.." I mumbled.
"Angel?"
"N-No.. Angela.." I said just a little louder.
"I'll stick with Angel." He said in a cocky tone, was he trying to irritate me..? "My name's Gabriel Reyes." The dark coloured man informed me. I nodded to insure him that I understood him.
The man who claimed the name of Gabriel Reyes carried me for quite a while, I stayed silent in his arms. As he continued to walk, I would look up at him and then back around. It was unusual, a human showing kindness towards a witch.. Unless he didn't know. Suddenly it hit me, what if this was all a trap?! I started to squirm and fidget in his arms, still not saying a single word.
He tightened his grip a little and looked down at me. "Hey, don't fidget so much, I don't want to hurt a fragile angel~" He flirted, so I stopped wriggling.. But why?
Was he not out to get me?
Soon, I began to hear more voices approach. Has he been playing me?!
"Humans can not be trusted, my dear Angela.. Well most of us.. Many are frightened of you and your mother's power, just because we don't have such a thing for ourselves." My father whispered to me as I cried in his arms, caressing my tiny, baby hands.
I cleared my mind as the voices got louder, but now all around me.. I panicked a little, looking up at Gabriel Reyes "P-Pardon me, but....Wh-Where are we...?" I asked softly, afraid.
"Huh?" He hummed. "You really must be an angel if you've never been to a town!" He chuckled.
I'm no angel. I'm what your people would chant to and burn..
Some of the towns folk started to approach the Gabriel.. One was a tall, blonde man. "Gabe, you sure took your sweet old time!" The blonde man laughed as he slowly looked down at me. Is he going to notice? Is he going to hurt me? "Who's this cutie?" The blonde said as he tilted his hand side to side.
Slightly frightened I hugged onto Gabriel, still silent.
"Nice to see you too Jack." He sighed before holding me closer to him. "This cutie is Angela, I found her in the forest."
"The hell..?" Jack mumbled. "Well, hello Angela." He smiled kindly towards me.
I didn't respond, I was shaking in fear.. He seemed so kind but.. What if he really wasn't..?
-------------------------------
Hey everyone! So I just started this new Overwatch story based on the Halloween event for the game. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and are excited for the next one! Oh, but these may be very slow updates.. Thanks for reading everyone!
Random word count: 1104