f&a p1

veronica's p.o.v.

i'm sitting at home , worried so worried. after calling him over a million  a times he's still not here he was supposed to be here hours ago.

he usually finishes work at 8 but now it's 11 and i'm trying to keep calm , maybe he's just running late or maybe he's been stuck in traffic or maybe he's catching up with work friends or just picking stuff up.

but , I'm sure he would have called? he always calls.

maybe I should wait a little longer ? i'm sure he's just running late and talking to people , he's a massive chatter and I'm sure that's what he's doing.

i'm going paranoid but there's no one in the driveway and it's almost midnight now. where is he?

maybe his friends know where he is? jughead would know and maybe Betty will know too,  i'll call him.

"hello?"

"hi jughead."

"veronica ? you're calling at midnight, why? what's up ?"

"archie's not home. do you know where he is ?"

" i don't know don't worry thought i'm sure he's okay although we left work at the same time I asked him if he wanted to go for a drink but he said no because he's going home to you."

"oh ok.. thank-you. do you know if betty has seen him?"

i could hear him asking her if she's seen him and it made me even more worried when she said no.

"no she hasn't , sorry. don't worry ronnie i'm sure he's okay , let us know how it goes and call us if you need us"

"I will do yeah, thanks bye."

no one said they've seen him , why is something wrong ?
i'm just getting so paranoid and stressed and I'm just turning  into a mess.

i'm standing here hopeless staring out the window hoping his car will pull into the driveway any time soon , i've called him a million times and now i'm still trying to get a hold  of him leaving him thousands of  a messages and he  still hasn't  answered , maybe his phone just died ?

right the moment i'm about to call him again, suddenly the house phone rings.

"hello?"

"am I speaking to ms. veronica lodge?"

"this is her."

"your fiancé has been involved in a car crash and you need to come right now"

"i'll be right over , thank you for informing me"

my heart stopped and shattered into a million pieces, i didn't know what to think. the love of my life in a car crash this is all my fault , he doesn't deserve this. he's done nothing to deserve this.

my eyes started flooding with tears but i need to be strong for him , i need to be strong for them.

i picked my keys up and right when I was about to leave i looked at my finger , the finger with the diamond ring i received.
it brings back so much memories , memories from last december.
when he asked me to marry him , bent down on his knee.
It was the best day of my life from what i can remember.
those words will always stay in my heart ,
him wanting me forever , forever and always . through our great times and our  ugly times , he said he'll be there , saying we'll grow old together.

-----------------------------------------------
i'm walking up to the entrance , so worried, i finally got here after all the red stop signs I've missed.

i'm probably going to get a speeding ticket but i don't care. all i want to do is to be there with him , with him right this moment and make sure he's okay.

i'm walking right to the front desk .

"archie andrews ?" i ask the woman sitting at the frontdesk.

"may I ask what is your relation to the patient ?"

"I'm his fiancée"

"Okay follow me "

they're leading me down a million halls , a never ending maze. why is he so far ? and what are they doing with my baby?

the woman looking at me getting worried striaght off , telling me to take a seat.

i will be fine , but will he be fine? she should stop worrying about me and think about my lover and my life.

"archie andrews ?"

another name calls.

"that's my fiancé" i begin to raise myself up but he tells me to stay seated and takes a seat right next to me.

"okay ,he's been in a car crash and i don't know how it's going to turn out , he's really weak but he's awake."

'i don't know how it's going to turn out' those words are rushing through my mind like a tornado, what does that even mean?

that he'll be gone ?he can't be gone. he's so young and he needs to live his life, i need him. i can't loose him yet , not now , not yet , not ever.

i'm trying to keep myself from crying right now ,
the doctor is telling me what else happened , but I can barely hear him.
he's talking to me raising his voice a bit noticing how i'm stuck inside a daydream , shaken up as I am I just nod hoping what he's saying is actually positive , but by his facial expression it clear isn't.

i'm trying to keep a straight face as I walk into his room , i don't want him to know I've been crying alot, it's not healthy for us and he'll get worried , he'll be worried about us when he should be worried about himself.

there he is , with bruises around his face looking as weak as ever.
i hold in a cry by bitting down on my lip ,
he opens his eyes and spots me.

"hi beautiful"

"archie oh my god, are you okay?"

"i'm fine babe, you're here and i feel so much better finally seeing a friendly face"

i pulled out a chair and set by his bed side , holding his hand a little too tight , hoping i'll never have to let it go.

"but you're not.."

"i'm fine as long as you're here with me and don't go. okay? "

"okay, i'll never leave you."

he smiles , oh how i love his smiles. i could stare at him smiling all day long.
he then places his hand on my stomach,

"how are the twins?"

"they're doing fine , not really kicking that much."

"that's good hopefully they're not being too bad"

"no, they're doing great i believe. it's almost as if i couldn't feel them at all today."

"i can't wait to meet them in 3 months, we'll finally be parents after waiting for so long!"

"i can't wait to start a family  a with you either. and what about the house? the house on the hill side ?"

" the house on the hill side is where we would stay , stay there forever."

"forever and always?"

he smiles brighter at our line we always repeat to each other.

" through our good moments and our bad moments and even the ugly moments although we won't be having them much because i'm always happy when i'm around you."

"i can't wait to grow old with you."

"please just remember ronnie , whether we're rich or poor or better we'll still love each other."

forever and always.