Prologue

We all dream of something bigger and better. We look at the stars and think of vast worlds and the wondrous possibilities that a wait for us. We dream of a world where everything is just as it should be. Our dreams and lives our perfect. But life is never that way. Only dreams are perfect. Only in our dreams are we truly happy. That is what I believe anyway. Life is full of nothing but pain and heartache. When I was a child I grew up believing in all things good. Lollipops and rainbows was how I saw the world. Soon thereafter I saw the real world. I grew up faster than any one person should. I saw pain, death, and destruction. I saw the world tremble, and fall. As parents we tell our children stories of princes and princesses and of the slaying of beasts. We never tell our children the true horrors that a wait us in the real world. We never want them to grow up to fast. We wish for them to remain ignorant for as long as possible. After all ignorance is bliss. Tim Burton once said " Every story has a beginning, middle and end." Many debate on where you should begin the story. Some say it should be the middle. Many say its the beginning. Then there are people like me who say all stories should start with the ending. The audience needs to know what they are getting into before reading and sometimes the summary of the book just isn't enough.To begin this story I must start at the very end because this is the story of how I died. Its not something I can easily talk about let alone write for the world to know. There will be heartache and pain. The loss of many things and some of you, while it may just be a book, may not be able to read it. This book isn't for the faint of heart and those with a weak stomach. If you really wish to know the tales of Catherine Ainsworth I suggest you turn the page and continue reading. If not close this book now and sell it at your next garage sale or give it your local goodwill. Give it to someone who can stand to read the tales of this gruesome and horrible story that I was unfortunate enough to call my life.