Waking up

I'm breathing.
Why am I still breathing? There's a tall man standing beside my bed. Watching me, I think. Everything is a blur.

"Hello Kathryn I'm doctor Patel, can you follow my finger?" he waves his finger left to right in front of my face, and I follow. Great!
"So you are still a bit bruised and your jaw still has a lot of swelling so it may be hard to talk at times, so just rest and take it easy ok? But I think you're already to go." He says.

"Before that I just want you to take a look at some of these pamphlets for different support groups in the area and we want you to come back twice a week to meet with doctor Robinson, ready?" He asks. I nod.

I'm not ready.
"He loved me, I know he loved me." I whisper to myself as I await for my ride in the main lobby of the hospital.
"Who?" Someone said.

I looked up at the boy, surprised he heard me. "No one it doesn't matter." I say, angrily.
"Fine don't tell me" he looks away and smirks.
"Don't try to play reverse psychology on me, because it won't work." I say.
"Oh thank God I dodged a bullet" he says in a sarcastic voice.
"Fine Ill tell you, but first what's your name?" I sigh.
"Jacob, the names Jacob." He says.
"Well ok Jacob get ready for 10 reasons not to ever fall in love."