Prologue Part 2

I bit my cheek, tasting the copper of blood is it flowed from my cheek. My back arched in pain as he flicked the light switch off. I let out a cry and collapsed on the metal chair, sweat pouring down my face along with tears. I shuddered as the left over shocks ran through the metal chair.

"I'm sorry," I choked out as he turned of the light switch.

Not able to hold it in, I let out a blood curling scream as my back arched against the chair again, my body jerking on its own accord. "Stop!"

The stench of burnt flesh filled the small room as he turned it again. "I'm sorry," I cried out again. "I will not do if again! Please, I can't take this anymore! Please!"

"You will, love," Sid said before turning the electric chair back on and leaving, shutting the door behind him.

***

I don't know what time he came in and turned the chair off. I just remember waking up naked on the chair with him hovering over me. I gulped, feeling mg body sticky with sweat. "I see that you are awake, love," Sid whispered as he brushed the wet hang from my forehead. "You should have seen those wonderful sounds you were making!" He chuckled and I grimaced, feeling sick in the pit of my stomach. "Now let's get you to the shower and get some food in you. It's macaroni, your favorite."

I didn't even try to smile. My eyes dropped and I felt the burning of my cheek return. "Sorry," I croaked. "But I'm not hungry."

"Alright," Sid chuckled and threw me into my room, slamming the door shut behind me.

I winced as I rubbed the burned flesh on my wrist and ankles, hissing at the pain as I applied pressure. Blood and puss streamed from the wounds, just making me wonder how long I was in the room.

The rings around my wounds where black as if they had caught in fire, that thought sent chills down my spine.

I didn't know which one was worse. The torture itself or the aftermath of it all. My back ached from yesterday, the wounds still fresh as I stood up, planting my swollen feet on the ground.

Grinding my teeth, I walked over to the water to take the cold shower.

Stripping down, I realized that it was six in the morning. I was out all night and missed my class. Cursing silently, I blow dried my hair and slipped on black sweatpants and white long sleeve shirt. Grabbing my Ugs, I slipped them on and rushed out of the house.

My ankles were still slightly swollen along with my wrist, but I ignored the throbbing pain and continued on. Walking three minutes, I was finally on canvas. I shivered at February's weather as I stepped inside the building where my classes were.

"How could you?" Lizzie snapped and pushed me backwards. Stumbling backwards, I tripped and fell on my butt on the hard floor. I whimpered as I felt the wrist twist in a weird angle, knowing I sprained it, most likely. Lizzie didn't care as she stepped forward glaring down at me. "Stop playing with my bothers' emotions!"

"What are you talking about?" I whispered, my voice hoarse. Crap, I really need to drink something before I die from dehydration. I tried to stand up to be only pushed over again, I groaned at the pain shooting through my arms and back. "Stop pushing me." Tears close to my eyes and I willed at them to not fall.

"You told Damien you love him," she sneered and I froze. He heard that? I thought, panicking. "Oh don't look so scared. You are the most horrible Luna anyone has met!"

That hit home. My heart felt like it was shattering, if that was possible. It triggered something inside and I stood up, glaring at her. "You know nothing," I snapped and Lizzie looked surprised before changing back to anger. "So before you start saying crap about me, you have to understand that person. I left for a reason. A very good reason, and one that none of you will ever find out!" I snapped. I knew I should stop but the hurt inside just kept me rambling. "Stop, just stop, Lizzie! Do you not think I'm hurting too? Do you think I just go on with my life happy as could be? Trust me, it's nothing like that! So stop accusing me of being a bitch!"

Her eyes widen at my cuss word before laughing. I rolled my eyes, not

wanting to deal with supernatural drama today. "Oh what had gone wrong with you?" She pouted, snickering as she continued. "Did you break a nail? Fall in a puddle? Miss a meal? Did your date ditch you? Ah, poor Ember. The girl we should all pity."

Tears welled up in my eyes as she continued on mocking me. I shook my head and blinked back the tears. "I deserve this," I mumbled to myself. "All of it."

Before I could get another word in a booming voice echoed the hallway, sending everyone quiet, including Lizzie. I guess Lizzie got a bunch of people involved. All of them in the pack, they all hated me. "Stop," Donovan growled out, standing beside me. I stilled, too afraid to move as his scent filled my nose, pineapples and vanilla. I couldn't help but breath the scent in, the familiar scent bringing me to the fuzzy feeling I got every time they were around. "She doesn't deserve being bullied for what she has done. She still loves us, we know that."

I froze as Sid turned the corner and stopped at Donovan's words. His glare penetrated me and I winced, looking down at the floor. Never had I felt so weak until now. Things were getting out a hand. I spent three years keeping my distance from them, what's changed now?

Why is suddenly everyone getting into my business? Sure, they use to throw nasty glares and rude comments but it never came to violence with the pack, until now. I knew Lizzie hated me for hurting her brothers, I just didn't know how much, until now.

"Professor Matthews," Donovan spoke and I couldn't help the little moan that slipped as he spoke, his voice husky and deep. Sending my heart beating, wildly, against my chest.

"Everyone get to class," Sid spoke, harshly. "Emberlyn, I want to take you the nurse to have that wrist checked out."

I nodded, nearly shaking in my boots as I stepped toward him. I cried out in pain as Donovan grabbed my hip, the place where Sid dug his nails into yesterday. "She is coming with me," Donovan growled out. "It's enough that she is living with you." I froze as he spoke those words, he knew? "But she is not going to spend every minute in your arms. I could get you fired from having a relationship with a student." I gagged on that word, a disgust feeling twisted in my stomach.

Something bad was going to happen. I lifted my head to see Sid staring at me with his dark eyes, sending me whimpering in fear. I knew what would happen if I went with Donovan. I had to lie to him. "I'm not," I choked, my voice sounding normal. "Going with you, Donvan. I'm going with Sir. I rejected you for a reason, I don't want to spend any time with you I don't have to."

I almost collapsed as pain shot through my entire being. I gasped but ripped off Donovan's arms and collided into Sid's. Sid turned us, the opposite way of the nurse, and turned the corner, but not before I looked back to see Donovan's broken but determined face. Determined?

I swear I heard him speak to me before I turned away and continued walking. "I'll get you back, Emby. No matter how long it takes."