S I X T E E N

(Kelsey's POV)

It was about thirty minutes into the movie and I was already really scared. I covered it up well though because I didn't want Ethan to know that I didn't like these kind of movies.

The scariest part of the movie came on so I turn my head away from the flat screen tv and looked at Ethan. He turns his head towards me and looks me in the eyes which are full of fear. He smiles slightly which makes me relax.

(Ethan's POV)

I am watching the movie when I feel a pair of eyes on me. I look over at Kelsey and see that her blue eyes are full of fear. I smile slightly because I feel bad, I wouldn't have suggested a scary movie if I knew that she would get really afraid.

I move my hand, under the blanket, and interlock our fingers. I feel her tense at first but then slowly relax.
"It's okay, it's just a movie." I whisper and she just nods slowly.

-

-

"So, I heard about you and Sydney." Kelsey says awkwardly.

"Uh yea, I knew I had to do it. I need my brother and best friend." I say slowly, meaning every word. I grip onto Kelsey's hand tighter, not wanting to let go.

"I get that and I'm glad you did." Kelsey whispers with a smile.

"Me too..." I whisper back, staring into her eyes and rubbing the top of her hand with my thumb.

Our 'moment' was interrupted when Kelsey's phone starts to ring. Kelsey lets go of my hand and reaches for her phone, which was on the table next to me. She looks at the screen, sighs and then answers it.

"Hi mom." She says. "Yea, I'll be home soon." Kelsey looks at me while saying this and a sad expression spreads across my face.

I want to hold her in my arms but I know that I can't, I just broke up with Sydney and I don't want to move too fast and ruin another relationship. Kelsey hangs up and looks at me with sadness in her eyes.

"I have to go, Eth." She says calmly while standing up. I stand up also, grab her hand and pull her into a hug. It was calming. I rest my head on top of hers and she buries her face into my chest.

"I could stay like this forever," I think to myself. Kelsey reluctantly pulls away and looks at her feet.

"Uh we should hang out again sometime?" I ask, rubbing the back of my neck. Kelsey looks up at me with a smile across her face.

"We definitely should," she responds while grabbing her bag and slipping her shoes on. "I'll text you." I nod and walk to the door so that I can let her out. She follows shortly behind me and I open the door for her. Kelsey walks out and turns back around to look at me.

"Thank you for this evening, I enjoyed the company." I say with a smile.

"Me too," Kelsey replies while taking a step closer to me and kissing me on the cheek. I blush and smile. "See you later, Ethan." She says while walking to her car and getting in.

I wave slightly as she drives away.

(Grayson's POV)

After Kelsey left, Brooklyn and I decided to play video games. Brooke, Ethan and I used to play all the time as kids but all three of us kind of grew out of it. I walk to the game room in Brooke's house, which was where we used to play, and pick out a game. Brooke comes in soon afterwards with chocolate and drinks.

"Thanks babygirl," I say with a smile while taking the food and drink out of her hands. Brooke returns the smile and sits down on a beanbag chair. I put the game into her Xbox one and sit on the beanbag chair next to her. I see Brooke look at the third beanbag chair and I sigh.
"I know he messed up but I miss him Grayson." She mumbles.
"I know Brooke, me too." I say quietly while looking at my feet.
"I don't really wanna play anymore," Brooke says while standing up. "I'm kind of tired, it is 10:30pm."
"Okay well, do you want me upstairs with you or do you want me to sleep on the couch?" I ask. She just chuckles and grabs my hand.

Brooklyn leads me to her bedroom and shuts the door behind us. I walk to her bathroom to wash my face. When I walk back out Brooke is already in the bed and looks like she's about to fall asleep any second.

I climb into the bed next to Brooke and pull her closer to me. She smiles and snuggles into my bare chest. I play with her hair until she falls asleep. I stare up at the ceiling and sigh heavily. I miss Ethan, a lot. He's my twin brother and it's really weird not being with him all the time but he hurt Brooke. The love of my life. He also hurt me, he actually believed that I would've hit Sydney. I wouldn't hit anyone, not after Brooke.

I want to forgive him but I don't know whether I can. I hope that in the future I will be able to.

~~~~~~

Both Brooklyn and Grayson miss Ethan but will they forgive him just yet?
-
Megan xo