Chapter 5

[Hint: LordDeath, Spirit, Stein, and Katsumi were all looking through the mirror at what happened.]

--Kid's POV--

I busted the doors open. "FATHER WE NEED TO SPEAK NOW"

LordDeath: "I know son."

Kid: "What the hell was that just now?"

Stein: "Kid, you really need to come down. We suspected this long ago."

Kid: "WHY DID YOU LET IT GO ON LIKE THIS?"

Katsumi: "She hasn't awoken yet. We didn't know how long it would be before she did."

LordDeath: "Son, I know you're mad.."

Kid: "Mad? Not even close. I'm FURIOUS. YOU KNOW A WITCH MURDERED MY WEAPONS. WHY WOULD YOU LET ONE BE MY OWN WEAPON?" My voice cracked at the word 'witch'.

Spirit: "Now now. I'm sure we'll work everything out. You need to calm down, seriously dude."

LordDeath: "I should explain to you about the photo as well. Long ago, I met a witch. She was a nice witch. With her help, the DWMA was built. She helped me attach my soul to this school. She looks like Alex because she is Alex's great grandmother."

Kid: "Are you going to expell her?"

LordDeath: "No."

Kid: "Are you serious? If you don't expell her, I won't come to school."

LordDeath: "Son, please."

Kid: "I'm done."

I stormed out. I cannot believe this was happening. I should've left her to die. My heart ached... I hate witches.

--Alex's POV--

As soon as I arrived back at the DWMA, I returned the book to the library. I knew everything front and back to that book so I didn't need to keep it anymore. I headed to my dorm to pack start packing up my things. I opened my door and saw Spirit sitting on my couch. He looked over at me and said, "Lord Death needs to speak with you." I just nodded and walked out with him. As we entered Lord Death's chamber, I saw Maka, Soul, Black*Star, and Tsubaki waiting. "..What's going on?" I ask. Stupid me. I know what's going on. The're going to kill me, or ..let me go. Where.. would I go though? I looked around to find Kid but he was no where to be seen. My heart ached to see him.

Lord Death: "Hello Alex, we have some things to discuss."

Alex: "Lord Death, I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't know. If I knew, I wouldn't have come here, I swear. I know the DWMA dispises witches, and I still cannot believe I am one myself, but I promise I'm leaving as soon as possible. Please don't think I'm a spy, because really I'm not. Please believe me." I said through tears.

LordDeath: "Now now, let's not jump through any conclusions. It's been a LONG day. We're not expelling you or killing you or anything brutal. We've suspected you were about to awaken. Your grandmother, Beatrice, she was a close friend of ours."

Alex: "Was she a witch also?"

LordDeath: "Yes, actually she was. She helped bind my soul to the this city. She even helped me create the DWMA. She was not evil at all, nor are you. I called you here today to make a proposition. Stay here at the DWMA, and use your powers to help fight keishins/witches/whatever evil."

Alex: "You're letting me stay?"

Stein: "Yes, we are. I'm afraid one person wouldn't like the circumstances though."

Alex: "Yeahh...sorry.." I looked down. He was referring to Kid. My eyes start to tear up even more. "I'm sorry about your son, LordDeath. I really am."

LordDeath: "It's not your fault kiddo. He'll get over it. Let's all get some rest, shall we?"

I turned and walked out the door. Maka and the others were still there..minus Kid.

Soul: "Soo.." He starts to say. I know what they all are thinking. 

Alex: "They're letting me stay. I'm going to fight on their side."

They all cheer. Tsubaki took one looked at me and knew I wasn't very happy.

Tsubaki: "What's wrong, Alex? Aren't you happy that you get to stay?"

Alex: "Of course I am, it's just... Kid.."

Black*Star: "Aw don't worry about it! He'll get over it.. maybe. After all, after you showed up, he's been hanging around like he use to. He hasn't been on distant since you came."

Soul: "Black*Star has a point, Alex."

Maka: "Mhm!"

I smiled. It's great to have friends.. but I really needed to talk to Kid. "Maka.." I start to say. "Give me the  directions to Death Manor."

--Kid's POV--

I cannot believe Father wants her to stay. Her kind killed my weapons. That is UNACCEPTABLE. However, I did sense something about her soul, thanks to my Shinigami powers. Something different than any other keishin/witch.

 I don't think it's bad.. I reached in my pocket and took out the blue crescent moon necklace and threw it on my desk. I sighed. I don't know what to do. 

--Alex's POV--

I'm riding on my broom to Death Manor. I really hope Kid doesn't yell at me again. I arrived and knocked on his door. "Kid, please open up!" I say. The door opened, surprisingly.

Kid: "Go away" he sighed.

Alex: "Kid please, let me explain!"

Kid: "Not now, please." his voice cracked.

Alex: "No! You have to hear me out. You can't keep pushing me away." I ran inside. He just stares.

Kid: "You have one minute".

Alex: "I really didn't know I was a witch. I kept having these nightmares about my necklace and how I'm not suppose to take it off and I also had this bizarre nightmare about what happened tonight. You being hurt pretty badly and me saving you, but this was different. I heard my grandmother's voice telling me to take off the necklace. I didn't know it would change me like how it did in my dream. If I would've known that a witch killed you weapons and that I was a witch, I wouldn't have come here in the first place! But please trust me, I'm not like any of them. I'm good." I say in one whole breath.

Kid: "You..should go" he says. I think I see tears in his eyes. 

I ran up to him and gave him a hug and wouldn't let go.

Kid: "What are you doing? Get off of me." My face feels really hot. It's actually been feeling like this after I defeated Kiyoko. He tries to push me off but I wouldn't let him. I hugged him harder. I could feel his heartbeat. It's really fast, or wait..that might be mine. Fuck. I felt his hands on my back. Oh man this feels nice. He's hugging me back.

I closed my eyes and told him "I'm sorry." He said nothing. My face was feeling even hotter.

--Kid's POV--

She's so stupid. Running up and hugging me like that. Doesn't she know how I feel about her? I mean..wait.. what. No Kid, no. Snap out of it. She's a witch. But..she's good.. even I detected it. Sighh. I wrapped my arms around her.

She fits perfectly with me. I hope she doesn't feel my heart beating in my chest. I heard her whisper "I'm sorry" and I stood there hugging her without a word. Our heartbeats are pefectly in sync..perfectly symmetrical. Wait no, Kid you're suppose to be mad at her. She betrayed you. No..she didn't. Ugh what am I DOING!? "Alex?" I say. She said nothing. "Alex...?" Again nothing. I let go and she's out. I picked her up and carried her to my bed.

Her head is really hot. She must be running a fever. I'm sensing power coming from her. Her power must be coming at her fast. Really fast. She sure is something. I got a wet washcloth and placed it on her head. I'll go make some nice hot soup for her to wake up to.