Chap. 9

Bee

After last night, I could barely sleep. I was hoping that it was all a dream, but with the way I was laying in Quincy's arms told me otherwise. It never would've crossed my mind that my father was in that type of mess. I think what threw me for a loop was that my father was the one who got Q arrested and bruised his back up like that.

I cringed just thinking about it. "You ok baby?" I turned over to him and focused on his deep brown eyes. "Were you ever going to tell me about your association with my dad?" He sighed deeply.

"Honestly...no, I wasn't unless I needed to. I didn't want to taint your image of Victor just because I don't fuck with him." I simply nodded.

"Are you mad at me for not telling you ahead of time?" "A little, but I really hate getting lied to. Promise you won't hold something like that from me again, please?"

"Never..." He assured me.

"So have you ever did that before?" I asked hesitantly, regretting what I requested to know. He avoided facial contact with me and looked elsewhere.

"Did what?" "K-Kill somebody." He rubbed his head and turned away. That gave me all information I needed and it freaked me out. He's done nothing to make me feel uncomfortable since I've been with him, but I instantly felt an immense amount of tension in my body knowing what he's done.

"How many?" "Bahja stop!" He said in a stern tone before getting outta of the bed and putting his clothes back on. "Where are you going? All I did was ask you a simple question." I wasn't sure why he was getting upset.

"8..." I froze and my heart started pounding in a rapid speed. I couldn't believe my ears. "How could you take people's lives and repeatedly at that? Get out my house Q." I didn't raise my voice because I didn't wanna come off as harsh, although I wanted to scream and yell at him. He didn't say a word, he just moved closer to me and sat right in my face.

"I had to provide for my family and at the time, that's the only way that I could do it; sell dope and pop heads. I'm not that guy anymore babe. Have I ever gave you a reason to feel uncomfortable or unsafe around me?"

"No, not until now. So get out my house please." I turned my head letting him know that I was done with the conversation and he just shook his head. I just couldn't get down like that, no matter how much my feelings for him started to grow beyond my control.

"Man, whatever. You kicking me out for telling the truth, but you the same one who stayed in the house with a murderer for 18 years. You on that bullshit Bee and to think a nigga was falling in love with your stuck up ass. I'm out." He snapped back and just like that he was out of my presence. I was taken aback by the part of him falling in love with me. I shrugged it off and laid back down. This is not the way I wanted my last 24 hours to go, but fuck it...I'm tired of people lying to me and playing for a fool.

Q

"What Bre?!" I picked up the phone irritated as I was driving back home. "Obviously you didn't go home last night because if you did then you would know that Ant got arrested and your grandma kicked him out." I was stunned for the most part, but the other half of me was angry with myself.

One of the dudes I used to sell with told me that Ant was out there last night, but I decided to stay at Bahja's. "You know where he at Bre?" I asked.

"Yeah, he on my couch sleep now." I shook my head. "Bet, I coming over there to get him now. I owe you big time sis." She chuckled lightly.

"It's nothing, but you really need to talk to him. He ain't gone get nowhere messing with them niggas. They got him thinking that he Scarface or some shit. Them nickels and dimes ain't worth going to prison for." I nodded to agree with her as if she could see me.

"I know, gimme bout 15 minutes and I be there to whoop his lil ass." I groaned before hanging up the phone. For Ant to get kicked out by Nana, I know he had to have said something disrespectful because she's not just gone put nobody on the street.

"Hey you!" Bre opened her door in a pleasant mood. "What up, where he at?" I asked, not wasting a moment to get to the point. She pointed and there he was have sleep on the couch.

"Wake up." I hit his arm softly, but he didn't move. "Ant, wake your punk ass up!" I pounded him on the arm and that got his attention.

"Mannn, what do you want?" He looked me up and down. "Oh, so you think you a 'thug' now huh, because you got arrested?" He shrugged me off and glanced at the tv. I sat next to him and just sighed.

"It might be all fun and games now Ant because you getting a few coins in your pocket, but once you get in too deep...shit changes. Them niggas don't give a fuck if you die or get locked up. They want exactly what you want, cash and they willing to do whatever to get more of it. If you need money get a job or better yet, ask me." His eyes finally met mine, but he seemed confused.

"I love you Q, but you ain't got no money nowadays." I chuckled. "Ant, the key to keeping money in your pocket is to act like you don't have any. I saved every last dime I had from being a dope dealer and put it in the bank for later. How else you think Nana pay the bills?" A shocked smile came across his face.

"That's crazy...you could be spending that money." "Nah, stability is more important. I refuse to ever be piss poor ever again in life, so I rather save."

"How much?" He mumbled in curiosity. "Don't be checking my pockets, but just know that it's six figures...Enough about that, now what happen with Nana?" He shrugged it off like it was nothing.

"She snapped because she had to bail me out and I wasn't liking her attitude. So I went off on her and she told me to never come back again." The first thing that came to my mind was to patch the back of his head and that's exactly what I did. I popped him right on the neck.

"Ouch!" "Fuck is wrong with you man. I ought to beat your ass for disrespecting the closes thing that you had to a mom. When we go back, you better get on your knees and apologize." He nodded and rested his head back on the couch.

"Q, come here." I heard Bre call me from the kitchen and I headed to her. "So what's up with you?" She seemed concerned.

"What are you talking about? I'm good..."She smacked her teeth.

"Quincy, I know you like the back of my hand and I definitely know that something is wrong with you. Is it your girl?" I didn't respond, I just crossed my arms and sat on a stool.

"So it is your girl...what happen?" "I don't even know. Shit was ight last night, but she started asking all these questions when I woke up. You know that I don't like to lie, so I gave her the real and she didn't like what she heard." Bre scrunched her face like she was thinking.

"Does that mean y'all done orrr...?" "I don't know, but I'm just gone leave her alone. She got too much baggage for me to be carrying right now anyway. Too many females out here for all that."

"I don't agree with you on that at all because I know how much you like her, but I support whatever it is you go with." Bre added.

"Bet, just on to the next chick...I guess." I lied. It sounds good though.

Vote, comment, and whatever else ;)

Who side are you on with this situation? I wanna know, lol

Excuse any errors