Chapter 1

Eyecatching

"Girls! Wake up," shouted Mike, Ashlyn and Hope's father.

Ashlyn slowly sat up and groaned. "Ready for school," she yawned, throwing a pillow at Hope's back. "Can't be late, it's the first day," she added with a sarcastic tone before standing up to walk to the restroom. 

Hope groaned and punched her pillow, she hated waking up early. 

After showering and getting ready, the two girls walked downstairs serve themselves a bowl of cereal. "We training today, Pop," asked Ashlyn as her dad read the newspaper. "Yeah, once I get home from work, which is around six, you two need to be ready. We're hitting the gym."

Hope sighed and rolled her eyes, mumbling, "Why on the first day of school?" Mike ignored his daughter and stood up. "You two ready?"

The two sister stood up after him and placed their bowls in the sink. "Let's go."

The two girls were surrounded by other students. "Hey, Ashlyn, that was a good fight last week! You knocked her out," commented one freshman, smiling at her. Ashlyn smiled and continued to walk beside Hope, meeting up with Carli.

"You have everyone all over you," she chuckled, hugging Hope. "Of course we do, we're hot," added Ashlyn fixing the one backpack strap on her arm. Hope and Carli walked to their first class together while Ashlyn continued to walk around.

"Hey, Ashlyn, missed me," said one girl, wrapping her arms around her neck. Ashlyn smirked and held her waist. "Yeah," she answered, staring at her lips. 

"Harris! Get to class! You too, Marie," shouted the principal from down the hall. The blonde girl kissed Marie, ignoring the teacher. "See you later, Ashlyn," she whispered, between the kiss. They pulled away and went to their class.

Ashlyn walked into class a couple minutes late. She sat with her guy friends, Luke and Jonah. Both boys were well-known boxers as well. "Where were you," asked Jonah, fist bumping his friend.

"With Marie," answered the girl, winking. "What about Destiny?"

"Still mine," she answered, sitting back. 

"How about we go around and say our names and hobbies," said the teacher as he leaned on his desk. "My name's Alex and I like to play soccer," smiled the forward. "And you're my girlfriend too," added Jonah, making the class laugh.

"Yeah right," answered Alex, playfully rolling her eyes. 

The teacher, Mr. Matthews, chuckled and smiled at the next student. "I'm Ali and I like to play soccer too," she mumbled. Ashlyn stared at the girl, how could she not have noticed her before. She was distracted, wondering if she could ever get with her. 

"Your turn, dude," muttered Luke, tapping her. "Oh, name's Ashlyn and I like boxing...and soccer," she uttered with her eyes glued to the girl. "Liar, you don't even watch it," laughed Jonah.

"If she plays it then I like it," replied Ashlyn aloud for the class to hear. "Smooth, Ashlyn," said one classmate. Ali turned to the girl who was smiling at her. She simply ignored her and turned back around.

When the class finished, Mr. Matthews let them talk and have free time since he didn't have anything planned to do for the period. "I see you're trying to make a move on Ali," said Alex, turning around to face Ashlyn.

Ashlyn smiled and looked at the girl who appeared to be sketching on her journal. "She's a tough one," added Alex.

"How would you know?"