1

3rd Person:

She found herself in an unfamiliar situation. But, then again, she was an unfamiliar situation. There were words above her, but she wasn't sure how many or what they were. Then she heard a voice.

Angel.

No. It couldn't be.

Remember me?

Angel woke up with a scream and her own wet black hair covering her face.

"Angel! Are you okay?" Her mother cried, rushing to her bedroom door. Angel brushed her hair out of her face and began to breathe, slowly.

"I'm fine, Mom. It's just - nevermind." she replied, her breathing still very uneven.

"Can you sleep again?" asked her mother, with genuine concern spreading across her face.

"I don't know. I guess I'll just draw. I'm not that tired anyways." replied Angel, getting up from her bed.

"Are you sure? It's a little early." said her mother.

"What are you talking about? It's only eight." replied Angel motioning towards her small analog alarm clock.

"I know, but it's Saturday. You should at least be sleeping in." coaxed her mother. Angel walked around the room, seemingly searching for something.

"Did I leave my phone downstairs again?" she asked her mother.

"As a matter of fact you did. It was practically screaming an hour ago. You need less morning people in your life."

Angel sighed lightly in annoyance. It was probably just Ryan ranting about something stupid again.

She rushed down the stairs to check her phone, and, when she did, found that she was unable to read what was on it.

1st Person: Ryan

Where was she? I'd already texted Angel at least seventeen times and she hasn't even seen one.

Maybe I should call her. I thought. So I did.

"Hello?" she answered after the fourth try.

"Angel! Where have you been?"

"I'm so sorry. I was looking for my phone and then I couldn't find any of your texts, and then-" she replied. It was almost as if she'd been struck by lightning.

"Slow down! I don't understand a thing you're saying." I said, trying to be heard over her constant stuttering.

"I can't read anymore, Ryan."