Chapter 24: Hospital

Danielle's POV:

I couldn't get to my car fast enough. I couldn't process this. One of my best friends, in a car accident. It just didn't sound right.

I practically broke down the door. Kayla was inside crying.

Danielle: Kayla, oh my god, we need to get to the hospital! Come on, I'll drive there.

I was crying a lot too, but I felt like something really hit Kayla.

Danielle: If you don't mind me asking, why is this hurting you so much? Kalel is going to be okay. Trust me.

Kayla: I..... I saw the accident happening. It was right in the parking lot of the apartment building. She was going to go rent us a movie and someone hit her car, really badly.

Danielle: It's okay.

INCOMING CALL FROM: ???

My car had Bluetooth so I could talk on the phone while driving.

???: Hello, is this Danielle James?

Danielle: Yes, who is this?

???: This is Kalel's doctor at the hospital. She gave us your number. She is okay, but we have to keep her until later tonight. Kalel really wants you to come visit.

Danielle: I'm actually on my way now! Thanks!

I hung up. Since the call was on Bluetooth, Kayla heard the whole thing.

Kayla: I'm glad she's okay.

I parked the car and got out, arms linked with Kayla's.

INCOMING CALL FROM: Connor💕

Danielle: Hey.

Connor: I'm really sorry about earlier, are you okay?

Danielle: Yeah, you're forgiven. I love you! Anyway, Kalel was in a car crash and is at the hospital right now, if you and Ricky want to come visit.

Connor: Okay, we'll be there!

I hung up the phone as we stepped inside the hospital. A woman at the front desk told us where to go, and we were basically running through the hallways to see Kalel.

When we got to her room, we saw a man in there with her. It wasn't a doctor, and he looked familiar.