Magic In the Soul

Maya walked along the narrow dark path. She glanced around at her dark surroundings. Dark trees, dull flowers, and a shimmering light in the distant.

Where am I?

Suddenly, tree demons came out of the forest. The surrounded Maya. She tried to scream but she couldn't. Right when the leader almost killed her, it stopped.

She jolted up from the bed, her heart pounding inside her chest, her nerves shaken. She jumped out of bed, and looked at her clock.

7:54

She pulled on her jeans, put on a childish unicorn sweater that said "YOLO" on it, and put on her sneakers. Then, she put her light blue hair into a braid and went to eat break fest. Her mother was down there waiting.

"Hey mom. Did you make foods?"

" It's on the table."

"OK."

Maya sat down and silently ate her pancakes. She thought about her dream.

Where is that place?

Why was I there?

Am I really magic?

These questions swirled inside her head as she chewed. In the beginning of her nightmare, she nearly died fighting off Ice Beasts with fire she created from just her small pale hands. She finished off her cereal then said bye to her mom and ran out of the house and into her car. (It is summer break) She drove to the Junk Yard. She glanced around to see if anyone is watching, then slipped under the chain linked fence. She ran to the one building inside the Junk Yard and slipped away inside. Then she sat on a chair, pulled out a journal and wrote about her dream as she waited for the others.