.Chapter 2: Getting Older

Time shift; 3 years later:

POV: Maya

I cleaned up my room in the house. Bob, April and I all agreed to move in together to be able to pay for the house. Anyway, about two months ago, my nightmares stopped.

Anyway, I drove out to the park to take a walk in nature. I turned my head and saw the forest from my dreams. Me, being as stupid and as curious as I am, I ran to it. I slowly lurked down the path. My heart was beating out of my chest and my hands were shaking. I got about one eighth through when I heard a random sound. I know I got scared easily, but I turned around and jolted out of there.

Maybe one day, Maya... just not today...

I hopped in my car and drove home. Bob greeted me by kissing me on the cheek

(Author's note: I forgot to mention... Bob and Maya are a thang now :D)

I smiled at him, then went to my room. I pulled out a pencil and wrote in my journal...

I went out to the park today. I expected a nice walk in the cool summer breeze, but I saw the forest from my dreams. I ran into it, but then I ran back out of it. Are my dreams a reality?

I closed my journal, then I went outside with Bob and sat on a log by a fireplace that wasn't lit.

" I got it," Bob said.

I stared intensely at the non-burning logs. I stared, and thought. Suddenly, they burst into flames, crackling and burning.

I did that...